GMC Acadia Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yeah, just looked too ominous for me. I didn't want to get it back together and have something not work. So I paid $1500 CAD to have that job done. Figure if something went sideways I could just take it back to the place that did the work.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Do we have any *tidy* statistics on the model years and mileage ranges in which this problem has occurred in the Acadias, and have there been any reports yet with at least *suspicion* of this (or a similar) problem in the latest Gen Acadia?

Probably too early for the latest Gen Acadia, right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2008 Satrun Outlook Can the solenoids on a 6T75E transmission TCM be checked individually once the TCM is removed??????? I am getting a code of P2723 that says solenoid E is bad which one is solenoid E??????

Marv.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Yes, I believe the Sonnax replacement kit- in the instructions it says to check the resistance of the solenoid.

"Before installing kit, test switches to verify proper electrical operation. Kit repairs laminate disc and seal failures only; it will not rectify electrical breakdown. See instructions for details."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry I am new at this I should have made my problem known in my first posting. I have a 2008 Satrun Outlook with only 50,000 miles on it. The problem I have is the car on my way home one day just stopped moving, by pulling over and waiting about 10 minutes I was able to go another 25 yards or so than it would stop again. It repeated this till I was able to get home about a hour and a half later. I was sure from reading on the internet the switches on the TCM would be bad but once remove a visual check showed they all looked good. I purchased a Sonnax repair kit to install them anyway in hopes they would be better than the original ones. I did test the original switches and all were good. I also tested the solenoids with a 9 volt battery and 3 of the solenoids the two outside and the middle one had a load snap and the rest the snaps were hardly noticeable. Do I have a bad TCM or maybe a bad valve body I find it strange the car can still move if the transmission is bad. Hopefully someone else had the same problem as me with a easy fix. Thank for your time!!!

Marv.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi anyone interested in travel to Merida Yucatan , México to fix my Acadia 2010 SLT? I suspect that I need this fix to the TEHCM, the tranny got locked on 3rd from time to time, when it happened I stopped and change to manually usually fix the issue with a hard knock, but now it is also kicking when changing from 1st gear to second.. no codes thrown, no CEL on dashboard, also most of the online sellers mentioned in here doesn't send the part to México, and dealer will want to replace the entire thing.

so send me a PM and hopefully we can get an agreement for your next vacations / work…

·
Registered
8,458 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, thanks for the response, I tried with 2 big trans repair shop here in Mérida, but they "don't do Acadias", both did scan with an small ODBII scan tool, and of course no code appear, so basically they told me that they need a problem to appear to consider to work on the car and give an estimate, after I show them this thread and the tools, they just told me, no, we don't have this tools and if that is the problem they suggested me to buy the TECHM from a dealer...of course none of them can read English and have plenty of work, so they are not interested in my car. Merida is small compared to México city or other big cities with more shops around. I don't think to have the skills to repair it myself but thanks anyway.. I will keep looking or maybe get rid of the acadia before it broken badly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 1st post on here - great info on this thread, thanks!

I've got a 2012 Acadia with the 6T75. It's stuck in limp mode and throwing the generic P0700 "Transmission Control System" code as well as the more specific P0796 "Pressure Control Solenoid 'C' Performance or Stuck Off" code. If I clear the codes it will drive ok as long as I stay slow, but once I hit 4th gear it begins shifting erratically and within a couple of minutes goes back into limp mode. After a lot of research I believe my answer is in this thread. I'm trying to decide between replacing the TEHCM/TCM (probably the best fix) or just using the Sonnax kit as others have done (might be good enough and definitely a lot cheaper).

Has anyone replaced the TCM recently? Maybe it is just my slightly newer Acadia than the example in the OP -- my Dorman part # is 609-008, not the OP's 609-000 -- but it appears that Dorman stopped making it possible for either ordering these units pre-programmed (by using your VIN) or for anyone that doesn't subscribe to GM's software to be able to program it after installation. The dealership wants $160 just to flash the program.

My current plan is to pull out my current TCM and check the electronics following the instructions others have mentioned in this thread. If they check out OK then I'll just use the Sonnax kit. If not, replace with a new/rebuilt TCM. I just hate forking over $160 to the dealership for the programming.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,300 Posts
My 1st post on here - great info on this thread, thanks!
Any thoughts? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.
The difference in part number is because the OP's car is (was) a 2007 with the port-injected V-6. Yours has a direct-injected engine. The TCM an integral part of the TEHCM. TCM setup for ECM>TCM communication is likely to be the only difference in the parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you!

I guess my biggest question is if anyone knows of a way/place to order a TCM that is pre-programmed or of a way to program it after installation that does not involve paying $160 to a dealer or other local shop. (As mentioned in the OP you used to be able to order them pre-programmed.) I can connect my laptop to the ECM and the TCM but don't have the GM software needed to flash the new program.

According to the Dorman website: "Requires programming - after installation, module must be programmed with original manufacturer software, such as through a Remote Assist Programming (RAP) Kit" It looks like this change took place around September 2018, but not 100% sure.

I even looked at leasing a RAP Kit, but they charge $20 to ship it, $49.95/month to lease it and $125 per flash. So, it would actually cost more than having the dealer do it ($194.95 for RAP Kit vs $160 at dealer).

Thanks for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
18,300 Posts
I am not aware of any suppliers for a pre-programmed TEHCM now. After your post, I did little bit of looking around the 'net and nothing stood out. Try contacting Dorman tech support from their website. Someone there may be able to give you a better answer about DIY programming with your laptop and an internet connection to the software. Short-term subcriptions are available for many software packages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fairly easy fix - about 6 hrs

Tried to post pic but forum rules won't allow it.

Decided to jump on this Sunday morning. Keep in mind this was on a 2010 Traverse but as this forum was easily the most helpful I'll post here.

1st two on the left were obviously bad. Couple of notes from the project

1) Cordless ratchet wrench. Didn't see anyone mention using one in earlier posts but its a time saver for sure. Made removal much easier and while I had to go back and tighten bolts after ratcheting in, can't imagine how much more time I'd have taken without it.

2) Removing the popouts holding the rubber piece behind the driver's side wheel made it easier as well for both the TCM and the cover. I didn't remove the wheel, just turned it to the left all the way.

3) Happy wife... happy life...

Thanks for all the help guys.
Here is a pic of the old laminate discs. Even though they weren't ruptured, they eventually wear thin and break.
Was just wondering if the input turbine speed sensor was under that cover on a 2010 Traverse

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive had a similar problem and i'm not that handy in all honesty lo but my dealership asking me $1550 for the repair ... worth it ?

·
Super Moderator
18,300 Posts
ive had a similar problem and i'm not that handy in all honesty lo but my dealership asking me $1550 for the repair ... worth it ?
Welcome to the forum.
"Worth it" depends on whether or not you want the car to operate properly and how long you intend to keep it. Ask for a parts and labor breakdown of their estimate. Frankly, they may be 'highballing' the estimate to see how willing you are to repair the car. The actual cost to you might be a little less. BTW, it would be easier to answer your question if the model year of your car was known.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts
About this Discussion
136 Replies
44 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing