GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all.

I have a 2008 Acadia SLT-2, and somehow there appeared about an inch-long scratch on the leather of the front passenger seat. It did not tear the leather, but it definitely scuffed up the surface. It almost looks like a zipper mark. Any suggestions on how to fix this/prevent it from further damage?

Thanks so much...

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
If the leather is scored, then it may have to stay that way. Then again I am not a leather expert, but I would think there wouldn't be a way to fix that unless you replaced it

·
Super Moderator
21,772 Posts
There are some products on the market that will repair the scratch and give a near-perfect color match if you want to do the work yourself. Don't know the name, but saw it on TV.

I also know dealerships have leather/vinyl repair folks who come in and do the work either under warranty (if it applies) or customer pay. Might be good to ask around the local auto dealers. If it's CP, you don't need to limit yourself to GM dealers.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
+1 for what speleos said. Go to some shops that do upholstery and get some estimates. The headrest recovering for our DVD players were over $350 locally, I ended up sending them to VA (thanks Bonk) and got them done with covers for under $200.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts