GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my clay bars and Zaino products - just waiting for springtime good weather. All we keep getting is snow, sleet and rain. Will it ever end?
I can't wait to work all weekend getting my new sled all shined up to the max. Come on, hurry up sunshine! :blob:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm waiting too. Up here in Michigan we've had a normal 100 inch winter except it came all during Feb. or so it seems. But when the spring does get here and as soon as I have all the chrome on the Harley done, a two or three day process for me, maybe I get on the car.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have my Zaino as well...just waiting for the weather to warm up...expecting upwards to 17" of snow today/tonight/tomorrow. I need a plane ticket to south Florida...and fast.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Isn't this mis-titled and should be, "Zaino for the Draino." :blob:

·
Registered
812 Posts
im still a Meguiars user :(... but like you guys i cant wait for the sun!!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I just can't wait to strip down both vehicles and reaply my Klasse AIO. We have had so much snow and salt this year that has probably eaten way the AIO sealant in some spots. It will be so nice to have two shiny vehicles to go around and show off!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm a Zaino fan too, but with the blizzard blowing in here in Columbus, OH, I'd be happy to have a day nice enough to put just about anything on. Here's to "Springing Ahead" this weekend, and hopefully some good weather will follow. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm gonna turn my clock's ahead tonight. I can't stand to loose an hour Sunday night. :sosad:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hunt said:
I think I'm gonna turn my clock's ahead tonight. I can't stand to loose an hour Sunday night. :sosad:
I'm so confused...it's spring forward so don't we GAIN an hour not loose and hour??? Thanks Hunt, now I have a NEW thing to think about for the next hour.... :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think Hunt is referring to losing an hour of sleep when we spring forward. ;D

·
Registered
263 Posts
linuxtwit said:
That was my question....Don't we ADD and extra hour when we spring forward. So if you normally get up at 6am you will get up at 7am....I'm still confused

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
KarolsAcadia said:
linuxtwit said:
That was my question....Don't we ADD and extra hour when we spring forward. So if you normally get up at 6am you will get up at 7am....I'm still confused
Think of it this way. If you need to get up at 6:00 AM. After the change in time, what is now 6:00 AM was 5:00 AM because you moved your clock forward.

So if you typically go to bed at 10:00 PM and wake up at 6:00 AM, you would get 8 hours of sleep.
On the night we spring forward, you go to bed at 10:00 PM and wake up at 6:00 AM, but 6:00 AM is what was 5:00 AM because time springs forward an hour while you were sleeping. So you only get 7 hours of sleep.

Of course, most of us change our clocks before we go to bed. So at 10:00 PM when you go to bed, you change your clock to 11:00 PM and then still must get up at 6:00 AM and only get the 7 hours.

Hope that cleared it up.

·
Registered
263 Posts
GAR said:
KarolsAcadia said:
linuxtwit said:
Think of it this way. If you need to get up at 6:00 AM. After the change in time, what is now 6:00 AM was 5:00 AM because you moved your clock forward.

So if you typically go to bed at 10:00 PM and wake up at 6:00 AM, you would get 8 hours of sleep.
On the night we spring forward, you go to bed at 10:00 PM and wake up at 6:00 AM, but 6:00 AM is what was 5:00 AM because time springs forward an hour while you were sleeping. So you only get 7 hours of sleep.

Of course, most of us change our clocks before we go to bed. So at 10:00 PM when you go to bed, you change your clock to 11:00 PM and then still must get up at 6:00 AM and only get the 7 hours.

Hope that cleared it up.
Yep it did, I kinda figured it out this morning on my own. My alarm went off and it was still dark :sleepy: THANK YOU anyway! ;D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, GAR, on the explanation. I heard someone suggest we should spring them forward on a Monday at 4 pm.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today was the day! Finally used the Zaino. Washed - clay barred - washed again - Zaino AIO applied and dried/ buffed off. What a long day, but it resulted in truly excellent shine. (although it really wasn't all that bad to begin with, at 3 mo's old). That clay is pretty cool stuff, and works great. Anyone else have experience with the AIO from Zaino? After about an hour within my finishing for the day, some spots started appearing on the vehicle. Looked almost like little tiny water spots all over. The only thing I can figure out is that I used too much AIO, and I didn't buff it off well enough. (although it looked great right when I finished). I used brand new 100% cotton towels, and followed the Zaino directions to the T.
Car was sitting in the sun, when the spots started appearing. They wipe off, but I'm not sure why they appeared in the first place. I've wiped it down again, but the sled is now resting in the garage for the night. I'll have to check on it in the morning. Planning on using the Zaino CS and the finishing spray tomorrow. Anyone with some :help: or advise?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I see you are in Indy, I'm in Columbus, and it was high 50's-low 60's here yesterday. I've found applying Zaino when the temp is less than 70 can sometimes yield less than satisfactory results.

Also, as you mention, you may have needed less product. I'm sure you'll be fine, however, usually the detailing spray and a soft cloth with get you right back to where you need to be. Good luck, and let us know how it works out.
:cheers: Erik

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the weather tip, Erik. Here I thought I was beating the heat by doing it early. :eek:hno: All was good today. I used the Zaino CS very sparingly, and then followed a few hours later with the finishing spray. A little bit sure goes a long way. The spots are all gone and did not re-appear. I think I might have used too much of the AIO. The shine looks great. Too bad it's supposed to rain most of next week!

·
Registered
180 Posts
The good news is that you'll get to see the water bead up! I did mine Sunday afternoon, and it sure looks nice. Enjoy it, and better days are ahead. Erik

1 - 18 of 18 Posts