GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the Acadia in on it's first real concert road trip this past weekend to see L.A. Guns. Even let some band members ride in it back to the hotel. :thumb: It's so nice to have a vehicle big enough to haul these guys around when necessary.

We went to Reedsburg, WI, on to Burnsville, MN and then back home to Gurnee, IL. We encountered some rain on the way from WI to MN, but nothing serious and certainly nothing the Acadia can't handle. I'm glad I had my GPS with me, because apparently musicians have no real sense of direction and exited about 15 miles too soon for the venue we were headed for. :confused: Gas mileage on the way up was just above 22mpg and on the way back it was just above 23mpg. I was hoping for a little better since I just got the oil changed, but that was actually a mix of around town and highway miles combined with my leadfoot. Not to mention I let my boyfriend drive for a while and he doesn't know the Acadia like I do, so that affects mileage as well. I have to say, overall, I'm pleased.

After getting back to the hotel on Sunday night, Stacey (guitar player), made a comment about the Acadia and how nice it was. He really liked it. People are always surprised when I tell them that mine is a base model. ;D I <3 my Acadia.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great story! How'd you manage to get them to ride with you? That must've been a fantastic show. Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :) They played a show Friday night and Saturday night, both were awesome. Sunday was just an impromptu acoustic thing at a bar.

I've worked for the band for almost 10 years now. I design websites for rock bands in my spare time (L.A. Guns, RATT, Jizzy Pearl, Beautiful Creatures, etc.) Sunday night, their drummer wanted to leave the bar early, so since I have my nice roomy Acadia, I offered to make sure the rest of the guys got back to the hotel safely. They had to head out at 6:30am on Monday.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got my first big road trip coming up on the week of the 4th. Going about 250 miles from Central NY to South Jersey. Since we only have 300 miles total on the Acadia I'm not expecting gas mileage miracles just yet since it's still breaking in. The on board computer has us getting about 15 MPG right now but since my wife only uses the car about 3 times a week around town (averaging 25 mph speed) I'm not expecting the MPG to be great.

I do hope it eventually gets up near 17 MPG around town like the window sticker claims. This upcoming road trip will mostly be on the PA turnpike so I'm crossing my fingers we get at least over 20 MPG.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My average speed in the first 200 miles is about 26 mph. My mpg is 17.8 right now. I'm feeling pretty good about it, still being in the break in mode. :cheers:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cravenfan said:
My average speed in the first 200 miles is about 26 mph. My mpg is 17.8 right now. I'm feeling pretty good about it, still being in the break in mode. :cheers:
Is it flat where you live [Maine?] I'm in Ithaca, NY and there are plenty of hills here which I know add to poorer gas mileage.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not really flat...No major mountains, but I wouldn't call myself a "flatlander".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts