GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - first time poster but love the info here!

We are negotiating with a dealership here in North Texas and trying to decide if we really do have "the best deal we can expect' from the dealer.

2009 SLT-2
from the sticker -

base msrp 38490
destination charge 775
rear seat dvd 1295
black metallic paint 195
sunroof 1400
heated/cooled seats 650
total MSRP 42805

current offer = $39168 (employee pricing)
plus $2750 cash back (OR SPECIAL FINANCING of 0% /60 - 3.9% / 72 -- BUT NOT FINANCING AND CASH BACK)

I believe invoice on this car is $40264 (including 775 destination charge) based on edmunds.com and consumer reports price report.

We're also getting the $4500 cash for clunkers for our 1998 GMC Yukon -- and I wonder if this is impacting the deal (i.e. they KNOW we need a new car! ::))

Thoughts? Does this seem like a good deal or should we expect to get a better price? They only have 4 2009's left on the lot....

Other concerns of ours -
1. it doesn't have navigation - which the wife REALLY wants :mad: (I know we could do an aftermarket like this - but I hate to cut into a brand new car (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX6140/Kenwood-DNX6140.html?tp=20212)

2. it has the sun roof - which we really DON'T want - especially since it adds another $1.4k to the tab. :banghead:

thanks in advance for any advice / input / opinions!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Seems like a good deal on the surface. Generally you can't get both the cash back and the 0% financing - usually one or the other. On the other hand, you may want to search further for the precise options you want.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You can keep searching for another Acadia that has all the options you want and don't want or order a 2010

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am negotiating with a dealer right now myself.

I am looking at a 2009 AWD SLE with PCM preferred package and dual screen DVD players (a must for children). 2nd row captain's seats, 7 passenger seating. Dealer is throwing in an after market power sunroof. It does not have tow package, rear camera, or automatic rear lift gate.
MSRP is $38,040.00
- $3500 cash for clunker (1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic)
- $2750 cash rebates
+GM employee pricing

=$31,122.40
or $33,872.40 at 0% interest for 60 months

Good deal or not?

Also, do the Acadias have full size spare tires or are they donuts?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
johns560 said:
Dealer is throwing in an after market power sunroof. It does not have tow package

Also, do the Acadias have full size spare tires or are they donuts?
First I've heard of a dealer throwing in an aftermarket sunroof; if you plan to tow with your Acadia I would highly suggest getting one with a tow package.

The Acadia has the donut spare

·
Registered
956 Posts
It looks like a decent price. If you plan to tow anything over 2500 lbs I would want a factory tow package. If you don't tow heavy trailers I would have the dealer add a hitch, wiring and skip the sunroof. You can always use a hitch for bike racks or to tow a light trailer. I would not want the aftermarket sunroof in any case. You might also get more knocked off if you don't want the sunroof or the hitch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for a few replies to my original question -

One more - is anyone getting the GMS (employee pricing) when they order a 2010? :blob:

And how long does it take to get a 2010 delivered?

one last one --- anyone know about 72 months with 0%????? Is this ever done?

thanks again!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I don't tow anything so that is no big deal and I am going to install the sunroof. I want the feature and it was impossible to get on a 2009 AWD SLE with all the other features I wanted. Aftermarket sunroofs done properly work just fine and are reliable.

Also to answer the 0% for 72 months question, yes it does happen (Rarely). Last time was June 2008. Three times in the last 5 years I believe it was offered for a short period of time.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
horn1993-
The employee pricing and terms are offered by GM. Any price will depend on what is in effect when you take delivery of your vehicle.

2009 orders in Florida took about 5 weeks from order to delivery. If your dealer has ordered any 2010 models they may be able to give you a better time estimate.

The financing is also dependent on the GM offering. I recall seeing something about 0% for 72 months last year (probably the same deal johns560 mentioned), so it is a possibility. Again, I would check with the dealer to see what is in effect or if they know of any pending offers by GM.

johns560-
Please be sure to research the after the fact sunroof. There are a couple of members here that have looked into this and decided against it, and apparently at least one that knows someone that has had it done- I see you replied in that thread so you can PM them for more info. I'd want to be sure to deal with a nationwide company that has been in business a long time and will give you a decent warranty in writing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi there-

I just had a 2010 quoted. The official word is that they will take 10-12 weeks to build, but I have heard it could take less time. My quote was done at $100 over the dealer's cost (the dealer is an acquaintance; I
believe most dealers look to make $1000 per vehicle?). Anyway, for a 2010 with these specs, the quote is
$48053. With tax, license and fees it comes to $51387-

SLT-2
AWD
Summit White
Cashmere int. with perforated seating
7 passenger
Tech pkg (includes HUD and HID)
Trailering equipment
Dual sunroof
Audio with navigation (includes rearview camera)
DVD player with 2 headrest mounted monitors (installed locally)
Second row console
Remote Start

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Think carefully before financing a vehicle for 72 months. Too long in my opinion and you're likely to be upside down on that loan at some point even with the 0%. Not sure they're offering that on the Acadia anyway.

·
Registered
50 Posts
mikemu said:
Think carefully before financing a vehicle for 72 months. Too long in my opinion and you're likely to be upside down on that loan at some point even with the 0%. Not sure they're offering that on the Acadia anyway.
You're upside down the moment you drive it off of the lot. I wouldn't mind stretching out the payments to 72 months while not paying ANY interest. I drive my cars into the ground and plan to get MINIMUM 10 years out the the Acadia.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
johns560 said:
You're upside down the moment you drive it off of the lot. I wouldn't mind stretching out the payments to 72 months while not paying ANY interest. I drive my cars into the ground and plan to get MINIMUM 10 years out the the Acadia.
You're not upside down if you put some cash down. But if you truly plan to keep for 10 years, go for it. It's those that get in over their heads and then want to dump the car after 3 years that usually wind up in trouble. Good luck with it - I agree you can beat 0% financing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts