1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
As one whose timeline is later this year, I'm selfishly kind of glad not to see any incentives now. Maybe the dealers can start building some inventory for us foot-draggers to snap up cheap at the end of the model year!

·
Registered
261 Posts
The demand is high enough and supply is low enough that they don't have to give much, if any, rebates or 00% financing. I bought during the presidential sale assuming some of the incentives might not continue. I didn't realize that they would kill most of them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Yes Virginia, there will be March GMC incentives...will they include the Aca

I guess this can be interpreted a number of ways. I was hoping for a little more off, since I already know that I will be buying at invoice and every additional discount helps. :)

Based on what I've read on this forum, a lot of buyers took advantage of the earlier rebates/incentives, which obviously helps GM's sales. The question is, would those same people have purchased an Acadia at full MSRP or without incentives? One could argue that the incentives helped drive the sales and without them, inventory will build up. Some could argue that it is selling well enough under supply & demand economics that no rebates are necessary. We'll have to wait and see...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn't buy during the Pressident's Day sale simply because I couldn't locate one I wanted. I was ready to pounce if similar incentives were there today, but since they aren't, I will wait a few months and let them get some of the first year model kinks out.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I would have bought/leased whether incentive were there or not. I wanted the vehicle and nothig wa sstopping me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would have waited in order to get somehting closer to what we actually wanted (i.e SLT1 w/options) and better deal.... But, I didn't think we'd see 0% fin. again for a year.......... and we're happy with the one we got nonetheless.. ;D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Actually the President's day incentives worked exactly as GM planned them in my case. Even though I liked the Acadia, without them I would have waited till they appeared (ended up with the 1500 rebates; 500 over invoice pricing; 2100 GM Mastercard; and 0% 3 year financing worth about 2700 over that period on a $39K MSRP Acadia). :love:
Ended up not being able to use it much for business travel I bought it for lately, been travelling by air the two weeks since I bought it! Hope to break it in next week.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Yes Virginia, there will be March GMC incentives...will they include the Aca

NY_Joe said:
I would have bought/leased whether incentive were there or not. I wanted the vehicle and nothig wa sstopping me.
Exactly, and that's the case why incentives really aren't needed at this point--demand is high enough and supply low enough, plus pretty realistic MSRP's in the first place, that incentives don't need to be around. Likely will again towards summer, but just something small like with President's day to give a quick little extra boost to clear 2007 stock.

So far, these are having a reaction very much like a lot of imports have for years, having competitive MSRP's in the first place and being excellent enough of vehicles that people will snap them up in droves without extra cash on the hood. GREAT for GM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts