GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and found nothing, so I'll go ahead here and ask. I bought my Acadia recently enough that I'm still discovering new things about it. The other day when I washed it for the first time, I noticed two yellow dots on the outside of the windshield, in the lower corner on the passenger's side. They're an eighth of an inch in diameter and arranged about a quarter inch apart vertically. They don't wash off. Does anyone else have these yellow dots? Any idea why they're there?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're car has been abducted by Ford aliens.
Oh no! We'll all be killed! Quick! Run! Hide! Save the children!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Just checked ours & nothing is on it where you talked about. Perhaps it is something unique to Kullifornia or the west coast?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps it is something unique to Kullifornia or the west coast?
Seagull droppings sometimes land on windshields here and might be unique to this coast, although I doubt it. But small yellow dots? They remain to be explained still. Perhaps some fellow Westerners will join in and help out.

The dots are bright yellow, and although they're small in diameter they have some noticeable thickness to them, like thick paint, and their edges are a bit ragged as though they've been blasted onto the glass.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Maybe they are a way to test the accuracy of the windshield placement by the assembly robot. Just a theory.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it might be something like that. That's why I submitted the post here, to see if other members also had similar dots on their Acadia windshields. So far it would seem I have the only Acadia with a windshield that was accurately installed. (Kidding)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
OKay throwing stuff out there now.
Could the yellow dots signify to the factory or the dealer that certain options were installed or updates were made? Meaning, did they do a program update or change something during production, and mark the windshield to show that it was done/completed on that vehicle, so that it is obvious to the factory? That is obviously just a random thought, who knows..
BOBBO can we get a pick of these dots?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Could it just be some line painting was being done and yellow paint got thrown up on the car carrier as yours was being transported. I know they coat the windows and painted panels to prevent damage in transport with a special plastic but you are saying it is down in a lower corner, maybe the coating was not covering this small section.

Have you tried to use a razor blade to scrape this paint off?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Our 2008 does not have the yellow dots. I was at the dealership today and the 2009 in the showroom does not have them either. I agree that pictures would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Jake_99 said:
Aren't yellow dots used to show defective parts?... >:D
:rofl:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jake, go to your room!

GeoHawk, stop encouraging Jake!

C Traz, glad to hear my Acadia isn't the only vehicle arriving with those dots. I'll no doubt remove them in the near future but I'm still curious why they're there in the first place. Anybody have any inside information?

·
Registered
468 Posts
It could be something as benign as being part of the manufacturing process for some reason and that someone forgot to remove them, either at the factory or the dealer.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's been awhile since I started this thread, but something interesting just developed. My wife's 2009 Subaru Forester has a yellow dot on her windshield. Same color, same size, same location, but just one. Any new "dotters" among us?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
No dots

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
BOBBO said:
I did a search and found nothing, so I'll go ahead here and ask. I bought my Acadia recently enough that I'm still discovering new things about it. The other day when I washed it for the first time, I noticed two yellow dots on the outside of the windshield, in the lower corner on the passenger's side. They're an eighth of an inch in diameter and arranged about a quarter inch apart vertically. They don't wash off. Does anyone else have these yellow dots? Any idea why they're there?
BOBBO said:
It's been awhile since I started this thread, but something interesting just developed. My wife's 2009 Subaru Forester has a yellow dot on her windshield. Same color, same size, same location, but just one. Any new "dotters" among us?
So you mean to tell me that both of your vehicles.... One GM and One Subaru, both have the same dots on your windshields..... this can only be explained by one thing................................................................................

[size=20pt]Aliens!!![/color]

·
Registered
33 Posts
A dealer once told me that sometimes when they get vehicles off of a hauler, It might have a stone chip, or a rub mark. Something not bad, But needs to be fixed. So they put a small mark on the glass with a paint pen to identify the vehicle, or that it has been fixed. Touch up work. Some dealers have an outsided person who may add pin stripes to a vehicle and some pin stripers will leave there mark on the glass. :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn't have my new Acadia when this issue of yellow dots was originally posted. I noticed, however, three yellow dots on my windshield when first washing my new car. At the end of the drivers side wiper blade was one yellow dot on the windshield and at the end of the passenger side wiper blade were two yellow dots. I remembered the post on the forum and thought it amusing that I had them.

I haven't been on the Forum for quite awhile. When I opened it up today I noticed this issue in the "unread since last visit" group. My impression when I first noticed them was that they were marks on the windshield to help locate the placement of the wipers on the drive posts.

I just went out and looked on the windshield and the yellow dots are gone. I'm now more convinced than ever that they are marks used to locate the placement of the wipers and the dots come off with exposure, time, dealer prep, washings, windshield fluid use, etc. New cars sitting on the lot through several rains and dealer clean-ups might have lost their dots while cars just recently delivered might have them. Who knows.

One thing I can say for sure.....I love this new Acadia. The 2009 engine and transmission are as smooth as they could be. The handling is great. The mountain driving couldn't be better. Snow and ice....no problem. I have 7000+ miles since Thanksgiving. This baby is a winner.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts