GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I was wondering if anyone has used the Yakima Load Warrior on their Acadia? If so can I get some pros and cons of it vs. a box like the X-Cargo sport 20 from Sears.

At first I was all for the box as it is water tight and lockable, but then I thought that it would suck to store when I am not using it, and may be a pain to load and unload from the rear as there is no bumper to stand on where I can load the load warrior from the back doors. I also try to tell myself that the Load Warrior will allow me to fit more stuff as it is an open rack and I am not limited to the shape of the X-Cargo, but not sure if that will matter that much.

Well any thoughts from you would be great.

Also I have no cross bars yet and was thinking about the Yakima lowriders vs. the GM ones, but any thoughts on that would be great too.

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello - it looks like you've lurking since Jan 2008, but welcome to the forum. With regard to the crossbars, if you search, there are a few related threads. In a nutshell, the OEM versions offer a higher load capacity.

With regard to the box vs. an open "cage" - again, if you search, people have commented on the Xcargo sport (both the 16 and 20sqft versions). The rear opening boxes don't seem to be an issue. Obviously, a lockable, sealed box will offer more security than an open cage, but it depends on how "free" you want your cargo to be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I became a member when I purchased the car, but until now have had no real questions as everything has been going great, and it is my wife's car so I don't get to drive it much unless we are going on a trip. That is where the question comes in, we are going to have a car load of people and need more room for all the stuff. This car make it so that I seem to always be the lets take your car guy, as it can hold 7 no issues like some other 3rd rows. So not sure yet if it is a good thing or bad thing.

Well I did some searching and found some info. I like the looks of the load warrior that I saw on one of the cars. There is mention of the X-Cargo 20 but I did not find any pictures or people say much about them other then that they are good. I can assume that no news is good news, or I suck at searching.

After giving it the weekend to think it over I will probably go with the X-Cargo 20. I am leaning toward the OEM cross bars too. Looks better IMO.

Well we will see.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts