GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just wanted to say HELLO! I'm a new Acadia owner (about 1 hr ago). It's sittin' pretty in my garage. I said goodbye to my 2004 Acura MDX (which I ABSOLUTELY loved...but it's a company car and I've left the company - so I had to get a new one).

I found this site about a week ago and have been lurking! So, just wanted to say hello and hope I'm able to have a wonderful ownership of the Acadia!!

Maria!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
:welcome: Maria,

Tell us about your Acadia; we are dying to hear.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maria
welcome to the forums... Which model, color, did you get? Also, what upgrades or features?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh OK, I got the silver w/ grey interior and bench seat 2nd row (needed it to be a 5 seater) b/c my dogs are always in the back of the truck ;D

We really only wanted a few things w/ the truck - sunroof, bench seats, heated seats and light colored interior (for my light colored dogs)..but we ended up w/ a lot more b/c they couldn't fine a truck w/ only those things..so we got remote start, backup camera and second row sunroof. I wish my dealership was a little better, they aggravated me a bit, but now it's mine at 0% interest, so I can't complain.

Now I have to read my manual and get to know my car. I already ordered the cargo plastic thingy and the all weather mats should be in tomorrow, just have to see how my dogs do in the back if I have to invest in the dog barrier.

Oh...quick question...for those that have bench seat....does your middle seat have a headrest? Mine doesn't. Seems like the pictures show a headrest.

Ok thanks for the warm welcome!!
Maria

·
Registered
540 Posts
doggonecrafts said:
Oh OK, I got the silver w/ grey interior and bench seat 2nd row (needed it to be a 5 seater) b/c my dogs are always in the back of the truck ;D

We really only wanted a few things w/ the truck - sunroof, bench seats, heated seats and light colored interior (for my light colored dogs)..but we ended up w/ a lot more b/c they couldn't fine a truck w/ only those things..so we got remote start, backup camera and second row sunroof. I wish my dealership was a little better, they aggravated me a bit, but now it's mine at 0% interest, so I can't complain.

Now I have to read my manual and get to know my car. I already ordered the cargo plastic thingy and the all weather mats should be in tomorrow, just have to see how my dogs do in the back if I have to invest in the dog barrier.

Oh...quick question...for those that have bench seat....does your middle seat have a headrest? Mine doesn't. Seems like the pictures show a headrest.

Maria
Hi Maria,
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your new Acadia. I also have the second row bench seat. It has no middle headrest? The third row doesn't have it either. Where did you see the pictures?

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
doggonecrafts said:

Maria
Another 0% interest winner ;) ; I hope you enjoy your Acadia, did you get all weather mats for all the rows?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and here's wishing you many years of trouble free and happy times! :cheers: Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
370 Posts
WELCOME! Contratz on your Acadia!!!! :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi Maria,

Welcome to THE place to find info on your new Acadia! Best of luck with your new vehicle. I have buckets, so I can't help with that question. What part of CT are you from? I'm from northeast part of Fairfield county, and bought my Acadia in Milford. I was happy with the dealership, but it has changed ownership since that time. So it has become a question mark again. The service department is pretty good and they are very willing to listen to the things I have learned on this forum.

Good luck & welcome,
tm59
;)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Maria, Welcome to the forum. We have the bench in our 2008 and it does not have a center headrest.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
doggonecrafts said:

Maria
Hi Maria, and welcome. :cheers: Oh and you didn't pay any more for the 2nd row sunroof, they are all like that. The front one opens and the back one is a fixed panel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ive had my Acadia for 2 weeks and one of the things I am wondering: Is the exhaust system stainless steel? My 2007 silverado (which I traded for the Acadia), listed stainless steel exhaust but the sticker for the Acadia does not say stainless steel, although the salesman told me they were.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
From what I know; factory installed exhaust is not stainless steel

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not stainless steel exhaust makes me unhappy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maria,

I'd like to hear about which Dealer....I'm in the market right this second and would like to know who to avoid!!

Is there a required down payment for 0% interest....

Bob

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
All of the exhaust systems are stainless - been that way for years. Good luck to the new Acadia owner. The vehicle will run circles around your MDX and will be much less costly to maintain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts