GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm driving I can only access the first five XM categories using the touch screen. When the car is in park or stopped then I can scroll through all categories.Is this a safety feature?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have not had this happen. My wife scrolls through all the XM categories while we drive.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Only difference I see in your signatures is the NAV systems. I noticed when I drove my parents with the nav system to the dealer, there was limited things I could do while moving. Had to be stopped to use some functions with the NAV. It is a safety feature so that you don't pay to much attention to the NAV and not the road. I believe people have talked about a LOCK PICK? System that you can install that will override the feature that restricts usage of NAV while moving.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It actually kick in around 5 MPH, I have been sitting at a light and able to view all the categories but as I started to move it locks them out. Yes it is a safety feature (at least GM lawyers think so). I think it is only with the NAV system.

·
Registered
200 Posts
No Nav here, and no problem with the XM.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Only difference I see in your signatures is the NAV systems
See proof that fully update signatures help answer questions on here :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :thumb: ;D

·
Registered
25 Posts
this "safety" feature drives my husband crazy because he's usually the passenger in my Acadia and doesn't like my music choices:) he has to wait for a stoplight to scroll through the categories. If there is an easy lock pick for this, I'd love to hear it!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I can scroll all the cats. while driving. Although I find it funny I can scroll through the cats. but not my address book.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
newgmcgirl said:
this "safety" feature drives my husband crazy because he's usually the passenger in my Acadia and doesn't like my music choices:) he has to wait for a stoplight to scroll through the categories. If there is an easy lock pick for this, I'd love to hear it!
I can not say how it works, have only seen people talk about it. Having a hard time finding the threads about it, but here
is a link to the product

http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=3752.0

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing a "strange" problem with my XM radio. The XM signal is intermittent and sometimes complete loss of signal when driving South. That's right, only when driving south does this happen. The XM radio has been replaced as well as the base and antenna. This is on a 2008 Acadia with the dual sunroofs. Does anyone else experience this same problem?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Although I've only had my Acadia for one week, I have not noticed any limitations on accessing XM stations. Have you customized your NAV to remove all limitations while driving? If "limitations" are set, radio scrolling, etc. will be limited when driving. I revised this setting (no limitiations) on my NAV and all features seem to be available while driving (page 1-7 in my 2009 NAV system manual).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts