GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2008 Acadia with the 6 disc change and Xm tuner(no DVD). I've purchased an Ipod interface from Peripheral and according to the instruction the XM interface is located behind the glove box. I do not see anything behind the glove box other than the fuse box and a blower. Can anyone tell me the location of the XM interface in a 2008 Acadia. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an 07, and the XM tuner is loacted in the left rear panel in the trunk area. Not sure if 08 is the same, but if you can't find it in the glove, it may be there.

Hope that is some help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I looked at my unit just last night. And found the XM, onstar, FM, GPS antenna connections in the driver side rear trunk area. Open the Jack cover, remove your jack and tools. It is mounted just behind the motor for the trunk lift. Good luck.

I was looking too for the XM brain so when i get my new Sirius Brain it would be a snap to put it in place.

I have a SLT2 fully loaded 08

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just spent several hours trying to locate the blasted XM interface. I thought I found it in the back driver's side compartment but none of the connector I took off disconnected the XM signal. Does anyone know exactly where the xm cable can be found? I have the Scosche iPod Interface and tried calling them but they don't know where it is either.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The xm box is in the WAY back in the rear compartment.

I have the scosche unit installed and am happy with it.

The connector is difficult to remove. There is a rubber filler that can be depressed/pushed in which allows xm cable removal. Just remember to first remove the blue clip which needs to be pulled down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.