GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I have had it happen on a '21 Buick Envision a couple of times. I just go into the settings, stop the XM app and it instantly reloads. I suspect there will eventually be an update to remedy the issue.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Haven't had any XM signal loss to speak of on our Acadia. My truck occasionally will loose signal, but usually reloads quickly by itself. Tall buildings in the city and heavily forested areas will sometimes cause signal loss.

·
Super Moderator
21,782 Posts
Satellite radio doesn't do well in the mountains, either. That's why I never activated an account on the XT5. Only had one for the first year on the Acadia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is not necessarily related to weak signal...but how and where it was first setup. My 2021 did something similar. So, I started the car...made sure I had a strong signal.... On my smart phone I requested a refresh signal.... In a few minutes...cleared up my problem. And nothing wrong since.
Dealer may have activated it while in a covered area.
Try the easy stuff first.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It could also be an intermittent, loose or damage XM antenna connection. Even the XM module itself.
Some have had XM antenna connector or cable issues.
It's always difficult to locate these kind of intermittent issues.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
It could also be an intermittent, loose or damage XM antenna connection. Even the XM module itself.
Some have had XM antenna connector or cable issues.
It's always difficult to locate these kind of intermittent issues.
I've had a occasion to talk with several other owners of 2021 GM vehicles. Seems to be a an intermittent issue and only with SXM, never with AM/FM/HD.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've had a occasion to talk with several other owners of 2021 GM vehicles. Seems to be a an intermittent issue and only with SXM, never with AM/FM/HD.
Could be the module itself then. .. but the XM antenna and cable are separate from the AM/FM antenna also.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Could be the module itself then. .. but the XM antenna and cable are separate from the AM/FM antenna also.
I'm not ruling out an issue with the antenna or cable but in my mind if it was one of those items the issue would occur more frequently. Especially since all you need do is restart the vehicle or stop the app and everything is OK.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm not ruling out an issue with the antenna or cable but in my mind if it was one of those items the issue would occur more frequently. Especially since all you need do is restart the vehicle or stop the app and everything is OK.
That's true. Very odd symptom that the OP has.
May be some firmware issue or who knows what with all the interconnected electronics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts