GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the XM receiver is mouted on the 07 Acadia? I would like to switch out to Sirius unit, but before I dig into the dash I'd like to know if anyone else has found it and/or if it needs special tools to get to it.

I saw some posts that the Sirius SIRGM-1 unit may not be compatible with the 07 Acadia, my local big box said it was, but this forum says no. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the redirect to the other post - gald I consulted the forum and not the big box kid.

When/if the Lan unit becomes available, any idea where the exisitng XM unit is mounted?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Viking44 said:
Thanks for the redirect to the other post - gald I consulted the forum and not the big box kid.

When/if the Lan unit becomes available, any idea where the exisitng XM unit is mounted?
oops. forgot about that part of your question.

this post: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=899.msg14432#msg14432 shows some pictures. The module, along with alot of other things is located in the back.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's in the back corner above the jack. It would be very difficult to remove the box with all the other electronics and mechanicals for power liftgate (if installed) there. Also, the XM code is linked to your car so you can't just sell it or trade it into another Acadia. It would have to be reprogrammed by a dealer. Best bet is to just abandon it in place an move wires around to plug in Sirius Lan adapter, when available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts