GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you pick up your Acadia brand new from the dealer, is the XM radio already installed and activated? If not, how do you activate it. I am heading to pick up my car and will be on the road for a few days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our XM radio and OnStar both were activated and operating when we picked our Acadia up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My XM radio was activated and working, although the dealer said it can sometimes take up to 48 hours after you purchase the car. The activation is automatic.

As far as Onstar goes, I had to call them from the vehicle using the button on the mirror and activate it that way. The dealer told me I needed to do it when I picked it up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dealer activated the Onstar and XM, than sat in the car with me and went through an Onstar intro. I'm sure she's sick of hearing the Onstar speal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My Acadia was less than 12 hours off the truck and still wrapped in plastic.(and still was when I test drove it!) I had to wait for them to perform the new vehicle check-in and buyer prep at the dealership. Maybe it's activated then.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The dealer told me I had to call On-Star within 24 hours of purchase, I think I waited until 72-96 hours after. My XM was already functioning - but I bought off the lot (car had ~180 miles on it).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts