GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we got XM in our new Acadia and I have no previous experience with it. I like it quite a bit so far and I think I read somewhere that if you get an XM account, you can use it on a second receiver. Is that true? Could I go get a portable XM player (for my house, for example) and use the same account on both units or do you have to pay a second subscription fee? Hopefully there's at least one XM guru on here.

Thanks,
admin

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
admin said:
So we got XM in our new Acadia and I have no previous experience with it. I like it quite a bit so far and I think I read somewhere that if you get an XM account, you can use it on a second receiver. Is that true? Could I go get a portable XM player (for my house, for example) and use the same account on both units or do you have to pay a second subscription fee? Hopefully there's at least one XM guru on here.

Thanks,
admin
I have it in 3 places. My Denali, my Passat and a portable receiver. YOu pay the full amount for the first receiver and a discounted rate for the rest.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sorry, 1 sub= 1 radio.
You pay $12.95 on the first radio, then you can add up to 4 more subs (radios) on the family plan @ $6.99 per mo.

The Pioneer Inno is a great portable that can record 50hr of XM or 25/25 XM/mp3.

I'm not a guru, but I am paying for 9 radios :eek:. Seems like I always have to get the newest radio out and end up giving my older ones to a family member. And they love it (XM) ;D

I'll be glad to share what I know from 4 years of XM usage.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm sounds like I got some bogus info somewhere, but still half price for additional subs is not a bad deal. At two subs, it makes each one cost under $10 each. I've heard of that Pioneer. Thanks for the heads up on it, I'm gonna check it out. BTW, will that one work as both a car mounted and home mounted receiver? It would really make it worth the money if it had both dock types.

·
Registered
626 Posts
The Pioneer is the best sat radio if you might want to take it with you, (Think walkman). I've got 2 of them. They come with a home kit and car mount kits are available. There are other radios that are not portable that can be moved from home, to car, to boombox.

Look online at the electronic stores, there are some deals going on right now.

Plus XM has a promo right now for a free radio if you sub for X amount of time.

Check out: http://xmradio.com/shop/index.xmc

Enjoy.

·
Registered
794 Posts
When I signed up i was able to use it on my computer (which is cool), and as far as I know I am not paying any extra. So I kinda think it is free for other uses.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You are correct, if you subscribe you can listen to XM online free as part of your sub. Now you can listen to your favorite channel as you surf the Acadia fourm :).

Online does not have all the channels lineup, mostly just the music, and has a few online only channels.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some XM stations are available for free to anyone via AOL - http://music.aol.com/radioguide/xm_radio_guide

But how would you go about using the XM membership that you get for free w/ Acadia online? As far as i know, there's no membership ID or username or whatever...?

·
Registered
794 Posts
each radio has an id number (which you can get off the radio). You use that to sign up anyother radio

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just moments ago I signed my dad up. He bought a 07 Escalade, (Black-w/22's @ 73 years old) last month. He recieved a leter from XM about signing up.

Me having XM experance, went to the online address from the leter and signed him up online. When I entered his radio ID number, it knew it was his radio & had his address & info filled out already. I filled in an e-mail address & password and credit card #, signed him up for 1 year service. The next step takes you to the XM Online page for internet listening.

If you are an XM customer, and you will save money (on activation fee or something) by signing up online and you create a account using your E-address & password.

Maybe you misunderstood. At home surfing the net, I always have the XMOnline playing. Even when visiting here ;D

·
Registered
215 Posts
so. anyone happen to know where the XM Module is installed yet? ;)

I'm a long time XM user but considering installing a Sirius module instead of staying with XM. Wondering if GM happened to use the same module as they did with last year's models. Head unit is different so......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts