GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have the problem that the XM radio goes to the "Preview Channel 1" when the Acadia is started? This happens about 50% of the time when I start it. I would think it is suppose to stay at the channel you were on when the car is shut off. I activated the XM about 3 weeks ago with a 1 year plan. It is becoming most annoying! Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I don't think it is our radios that do it, I think it is XM. I have been listening to a station, a commercial comes on, and the next thing I know I am at channel 1. It has happended to me only once when I start the vehicle. This seems to happen about once a month to me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Definitely something odd with your system. It should not be doing that. It should be staying on whatever channel you last left it at.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine does it every now and then. It's been a couple of months since it changed stations by it's self. Who knows just something else to drive us nuts. Sometimes modern technology is a pain in the _ _ _.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've had it happen to me as well. Mine has happened only after I have had the car parked in the garage...then turn it on. I don't get a satellite signal in my garage (radio goes dead). When I turn my car on and back it out, it sometimes will be on channel 1.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah that's just wrong. Well whatever you do, write down your Radio ID and then call XM via Onstar...they'll eat the cost of the call without using up minutes! :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have not seen it in my acadia and i have an after market xm in my truck and have not seen it there either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had that happen to my XM radio when it loses the satellite signal every once in a while and every so often it goes a little nutty and I have to turn it off and back on to reset it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Red 08 said:
Does anyone else have the problem that the XM radio goes to the "Preview Channel 1" when the Acadia is started? This happens about 50% of the time when I start it. I would think it is suppose to stay at the channel you were on when the car is shut off. I activated the XM about 3 weeks ago with a 1 year plan. It is becoming most annoying! Anyone have any ideas?
I have the same thing happen on my Enclave maybe 25% of the time. Seems to be happening much more in the last couple of weeks. Happened twice to me today.. ???

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a Delphi XM unit I put in my old car, and sometimes if I turned it on in an area with no service for a little while, when it finally gained service, it went to the preview channel. I know a few people said this already, but I just wanted to note that it happened on a non auto factory XM unit too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts