GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused? In the GM brochure it list XM Radio as Standard on the SLT2, but when I build a SLT2 on the GM site or the GM Buy Power sites it shows the XM Radio box checked with the SLT2 selection, but adds $199 for the XM Radio. Which is correct?
Anybody have the SLT2 and XM Radio---did you have to pay $199 for this option?
On Edmunds and KBB you can't even select XM Radio on the SLT2.
HELP!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I think the $199 is what you pay if you order a base model or a SLT1 and still want to get Sat. radio. The radio is standard in the SLT2 and is one (small) reason why it is 2 grand more than the SLT1. At any price its worth it (well maybe not any price, but I love it) :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
What I was told (and could be crap) was that it was in the price of the SLT2, but that it is listed as $199, because that was not GM money but XM money so that portion had to separated out.

Regardless, as I ordered, I tried to get the Sales Manager to remove it, and it would NOT come off the order sheet. He could click on that checkbox until he was blue and it would not work. (I was with him at the console watching his clicks to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted)

I would imagine that they probably get the question all the time about deleting it, so maybe every sales guy has a different story.

·
Registered
626 Posts
As a long time XM user & stockholder, maybe I can shead some light on this.

In 2007 GM will install 1.8 million XM radios into it's cars & trucks. This Aug they announced that the price will drop to $199. GM pays XM for 1 month of the free 3 month trial & XM pays for the other 2 mo.

Caddy's were the first to have XM installed in 2001. We will see the higher end & trim levels units come equiped with XM as standard package.

Hyundi is going 100% XM
Honda just re-signed till 2016
Toyota is installing more
Lexus is becoming Standard XM with the NavTraffic an option.
Nissian is putting them in. The list goes on.

I think the future will include more & more XM equiped vechiles.

I think the automakers are looking ahead at what else the satellites can provide like data services. XM has 4 (2 new ones) sats that are the most powerfull non military sats up there.

XM already has NavTraffic services. Avaition & weather services. And maybe in the future your car might need a program upgrade or fix a problem. Instead of having to go back into the dealer, send it to the car by sat.

Remember when a FM radio was a high end option? then became standard. 8 track, cassette, CD, were all new car options that became standard. Now we have XM radio taking the place as an option & might on day be as standard as AM-FM-XM.

Look at OnStar is now on almost all GM cars. They use sats...Hummmm.

I could go on all day.

Enjoy XM ;D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have SLT-2 with XM and there was NO extra charge on my sticker for the XM. It was included with the SLT-2. My Acadia was delivered to me on Jan. 31.

However, I just checked it on the GMC site it does add the $199. now. Hmm, not sure then whether they have stopped including it or it is a glitch in the software. The check mark was automatically put in on the screen when you select an SLT-2 and you could not take it off! And then the $199 was automatically added to the final cost, but rather than adding it to the options, it added it to the base cost of the SLT-2.

I just "built" my exact car again on the GMC website (taking into consideration that I have 2nd row bench) and it now prices out $199. higher than what is on my sticker!

Hmmm.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I picked up the SLT-2 today and was pleasantly surprised that the MSRP was $199 less than when I ordered it on 4 Jan. Dealer said on order it charges $199, but on delivery it is included at no extra charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts