GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SLT-1 did not come with a factory installed xm radio. I have put a request in to the dealer to order one. My radio/CD/DVD player is already set for an XM unit to be easily installed. Just need the unit from GM. However, after 2 weeks, I have asked the dealer again what the status is......they say still no XM unit available and really did not know when one would be available!!! Said there were no guarantees one would be in anytime soon!!! I just don't understand why an xm unit can be so hard to find when new acadias are probably flying off the assembly lines as we speak, most with the xm unit already installed.

My question to the forum is: Has anyone had a similar experience with waiting on a factory-installed xm unit to come in on order from GM????

Also, have found a website that shows an aftermarket xm unit that claims to be ready to go for the GMC Acadia that would fit right in behind the dashboard. However, warranty would only be for 1 year. This aftermarket unit is described as "XM Direct for General Motors LAN Radios with iPod Interface Option XM-GM3" and is listed under www.myradiostore.com for $249.99. Does anyone have any experience on installing an aftermarket XM unit?? Please help.........may have to go the aftermarket route if the factory xm unit falls through. I am going on a trip to beach in a few weeks and really would love to have the xm radio for the 9 hour drive!! Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would ask your dealer if you had one and it was broken how long it would take to get it replaced. I'll bet it would be about five days. Try asking another parts department at another dealer.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You cannot get the XM module added by a GM dealer. It must be Factory Installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts