Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had my acadia for less than a week, but i've noticed that when i go into the xm categories, that more times than not, all the categories are not displayed and all the options within categories are not displayed. you can tell by the sliders on the right and left. sometimes this works fine, other times you just can't see all the xm categories and/or channels within each category. i'm new to xm, so i called them and asked about it. their response was to contact the dealer; you should get all the categories and channels right away with no delay.

i've checked the setup many times; my unit is definitely setup to receive everything.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Is this when parked, or while driving?

When driving a lot of things are locked and wont work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it happens just sitting in the driveway or while driving, just not all the time. and, it will work fine for a few minutes, then just as suddenly stop working.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Added poll....

Adam

·
Registered
380 Posts
Suggest review the manual, the screen is a bit confusing compared to the normal XM radio controls :help:. Once you go through the manual all channels seem to be accessable. :confused:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm not experiencing this problem with XM on the NAV system. Of course, there are limitations when in Drive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I noticed my signal drops out in my garage, which surprised me as so many friends have XM tuners inside their house. Maybe you're getting a similar drop-out which is causing the system to lose information?

·
Registered
492 Posts
jrocco001 said:
I noticed my signal drops out in my garage, which surprised me as so many friends have XM tuners inside their house. Maybe you're getting a similar drop-out which is causing the system to lose information?
The Antenna needs to "See" the sats. The signal will pass through some building materials, but not others. I have a steel roof on my house and needed to mount the antenna outside. My dad has asphalt shingles & he gets a signal all over his house. Sometimes a large tree can even block the signal.

When I am at the bank drive through or the north side of a fast food drive through, I lose the sat signal. The sats are located over the equator so the antenna needs to see the southern sky.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Texas,
Do you have NAV?

I was just reading in the manual and found this....

Remove/Add XM Categories[/color]
Select the Remove/Add XM Categories screen
button to remove or add XM categories when
selecting from the category list screen. The list of
XM categories will appear on the screen. Use
the up and down arrow screen buttons to scroll
through the list. The categories to remove will
be highlighted and the categories to add will
be dark in color. Select the category that
you would like to add or remove. Select the
Restore All Categories screen button to add all
categories that have been removed.

Check and see if maybe all the categories are not listed?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is happening to me in my driveway (no overhead wires or trees as well as while driving), but only intermittently. i've already checked and double checked the screen that enables you to block out certain categories, and everything is checked to be available. it also affects the channels within a category, limiting your options to only those visible on the screen (i.e., the scroll bar is not usable).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have this problem as well and was just checking the forums to see if it had been reported. My Acadia was built within the past week, so I know it's not just an issue with "older" Acadias.

When I try to show all categories, I get only what can fit on the first screen. When I show stations within a category, e.g. Rock, I can only get to what fits on the right column of the display. The scroll bars don't work, even though there are more categories/stations. However, once in a while, everything works fine and I can navigate everywhere.

This seems to be an issue with the touch-screen interface. I can still use the "tuner" knob to scroll up/down and get to all stations.

I admit I haven't read the manual yet. I hope it's not an RTFM issue, but I doubt that it is as the interface is otherwise very intuitive. I do know it's not a Park versus Drive issue. I'll follow-up if I find anything else out.

Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is the exact description of what mine is doing. like you said, you can get around it by using the seek buttons or just using a bunch of the favorites to set up your favorite xm channels.

still, that will be something that the dealer will be looking into when i take it in to get my plates.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do know the user interface on the Nav radio is restricted while the Acadia is moving over about 5 mph. You typically cannot scroll screens (just like you can't add nav addresses). If the problem occurs when the vehicle is stopped, then something else is occurring and should be looked at.

·
Registered
28 Posts
texas123 - I shared your problem before, but over the past 2 days have come to feel it was actually an issue where features become disabled when GM feels your eyes should be on the road. I've been parked the past 2 evenings waiting for my kids to end practices, and have had no problems with the XM screens. I'm not sure when they get disabled (drive versus a certain speed), but I've had success consistently while in Park. I wish they disabled everything, or displayed a message like "XM Interface Disabled While Vehicle is Moving", instead of what they now do. Hope your issue turns out to be the same.

Steve

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
My XM signal drops out in my garage in one spot and when i was around some tall buildings it dropped out as well not for long. When mine drops out in the garage it is exactly where i need to be to clear the door and other stuff so it works out ok. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Rufio said:
In terms of disabling XM scrolling and DVD when in drive... there is another thread where forum members were testing out lock picks to disable these limitations. I'd sure like to hear if these things worked...

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=197.0
Yes, the lockpick works to unlock the XM category scrolling as well as categories on an MP3 disc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the XM categories seems to be when you first start the vehicle, the categories need to be downloaded from the satelites, depending on reception, this can take a few minutes before all the new catogories are available. This is to ensure you as the customer always has the latest and greatest.

Hope you enjoy your acadia and the XM radio service!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts