GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it okay to leave mast antenna attached to the roof when running the Acadia through a car wash? I'm concerned about it breaking off, but I cannot reach far enough to unscrew it without use of a step ladder.

I would hope the designers thought well enough to make it flexible and car wash friendly, but hey, since I just got the thing this week, I don't want to chance it without asking some more learned and experienced folks here first.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My 99 Yukon has a CB antenna on top of it, the truck sit's about 3-4" higher than the Acadia and the antenna is another foot above that...never had any issues. You'd have to think they would make car washes for vehicles much taller than the Acadia...I think you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
185 Posts
rudykizuty said:
Is it okay to leave mast antenna attached to the roof when running the Acadia through a car wash? I'm concerned about it breaking off, but I cannot reach far enough to unscrew it without use of a step ladder.

I would hope the designers thought well enough to make it flexible and car wash friendly, but hey, since I just got the thing this week, I don't want to chance it without asking some more learned and experienced folks here first.
Gasp! Your going to a car wash and not lovingly washing by hand! Shame...

I ran mine through the car wash on Tuesday and the guy said not to worry about it. I didn't. It's still there.

I think.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL Pete. Believe me, if I had the time off I'd be doing it by hand. But since I'm forced to be cooped up in a stuffy cubicle today so that I can pay for this baby, I have no choice but to go with the only remaining option. I've only had the ride since Saturday and the incredible amount of pollen that's been dropped on it this week is really getting on my nerves now. :mad:

·
Registered
185 Posts
rudykizuty said:
LOL Pete. Believe me, if I had the time off I'd be doing it by hand. But since I'm forced to be cooped up in a stuffy cubicle today so that I can pay for this baby, I have no choice but to go with the only remaining option. I've only had the ride since Saturday and the incredible amount of pollen that's been dropped on it this week is really getting on my nerves now. :mad: :-\
This is like the twilight zone. I also picked up on Saturday. I also work all day. I also have no time to wash car. Do you have 341 miles on it? Weird!

Ha!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pete7919 said:
rudykizuty said:
LOL Pete. Believe me, if I had the time off I'd be doing it by hand. But since I'm forced to be cooped up in a stuffy cubicle today so that I can pay for this baby, I have no choice but to go with the only remaining option. I've only had the ride since Saturday and the incredible amount of pollen that's been dropped on it this week is really getting on my nerves now. :mad: :-\
This is like the twilight zone. I also picked up on Saturday. I also work all day. I also have no time to wash car. Do you have 341 miles on it? Weird!

Ha!
No, I'm a bit over 200. But someday, I hope to be!! LOL

·
Registered
681 Posts
pete7919 said:
rudykizuty said:

Ha!
:ditto:
I think it was two weekends ago that I washed the Acadia last and now we are going to have a stretch of sunny days, it just drives me nuts to be driving this dirty car on such a nice day. I get home and I have 3 kids 3yrs old and under so its lets all jump on Daddy time when I get home, the wife has been there all day with them (bless her soul) and it is her time to relax (not really, its now cooking etc...) but it is now time away from the kids for an hour or two. The only time I can wash the car is after the kids are in bed at maybe 9PM (turn on the spotlights and hope I don't miss a spot) or like I am planning tommorrow morning, get up at 5:30am and do it before going to work (my wife thinks I am nuts about keeping the vehicles clean - but all she has to do is think back before kids and I was much worse, 1 or 2 times a week). The closest car wash is 20 miles away and they are not even open on Sundays ??? - were out in country - anyway I do not think I would run the Acadia through it anyway, not yet at least.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THE VERDICT

OKAY, HERE'S THE VERDICT.

I took the Acadia to the car wash and I still have an antenna on the roof. Thanks to all who helped me build up the nerve :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts