GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Nav System along with the XM uses the Nav Traffic?

I have a Garmin unit that receives Traffic info from XM and if there is an accident, it allows you to detuour around it.

Wondering if the Acadia Nav and XM allows this.

thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
681 Posts
Here is info directly from XM website: http://www.xmradio.com/navtraffic/get_nav.xmc

---------------------------------------------

Receiving XM NavTraffic traffic infromation requires two steps:

1. Selecting/Purchasing Hardware:

The service is available as either a standard or optional feature on the following vehicles, from the following manufacturers.

Acura
2005-2007 Acura RL
2007 Acura RDX
2007 Acura MDX
2007 Acura TL

Cadillac
2005-2007 Cadillac CTS.

Lexus
2007 Lexus LS460
2007 Lexus LS600

Infiniti
2007 Infiniti G35

Nissan
2007 Nissan Altima

If you are looking for an aftermarket solution for your current vehicle then navigation systems with XM NavTraffic are available from the following manufacturers.

Pioneer
Pioneer Avic D1, D2, D3
Pioneer Avic N1, N2, N3
Pioneer Avic Z1, Z2

Alpine
Alpine NVE-N872A

Garmin
Garmin Streetpilot 2730
Garmin Streetpilot 2820
Garmin 7200, 7500
Garmin GVN-52
Garmin Zumo 550

Kenwood
Kenwood KNA-G510

Additional automotive and aftermarket solutions will be available in the near future, expanding the availability of the XM NavTraffic service.

2. Subscribing to the XM NavTraffic service:
The XM NavTraffic service is available as a stand alone package (without XM radio) or as a premium package coupled with XM radio at $3.99 per month and the $12.95 monthly radio subscription. That is roughly $1 per week for the real-time traffic information provided by XM NavTraffic.

Service Pricing:
XM NavTraffic only: $9.95 per month
XM NavTraffic and XM radio combined: $12.95 radio plus $3.99 NavTraffic = $16.94 per month.
A one-time activation fee may also apply.

For aftermarket products, your device may use a single radio ID or two radio ID numbers to deliver XM NavTraffic in addition to the XM audio service. Have your radio ID (or IDs) on hand when you call the XM Listener Care Center as this is required information in activating the XM services. Please check your radio ID number(s) carefully. There is no "I" (eye), "O" (oh), "S" or "F" used in the radio ID numbers.

Once you have billing information readily available, please contact XM Listener Care to activate your service. Call XM at 1-800-XM-RADIO (1-800-967-2346). Once your account has been setup and your receiver has been activated, you will be able to receive the XM NavTraffic as well as 170 digital channels of XM radio service if requested.

-----------------------
GMC Acadia not on the list. :eek:hno:

John

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wonder how up-to-date that page is on the XM site? I find some info on their website not fully current. Did anyone contact XM and ask if the service is available on the Acadia? I think the NAV is the same as on the Cadillac, but not sure.

In the Washington, DC metro area we have very good FM traffic reporting and I find the XM band for DC traffic and weather to be very useful (XM stations 210-230 serve 21 major markets). I don't know how much use this extra "XM NavTraffic" service would be for the $3.99/mo added to XM subscription; or $9.95/mo XM NavTraffic only cost. But then, I was born in DC and my commute is only 6 miles...and drive the Acadia more on weekends than during the week as my commuter car.

BTW, the XM weather service looks awesome but sure is expensive! I think only available with aftermarket hardware.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I'm really hoping the technology in the new "Dash" system takes off and starts getting licensed and integrated into in-dash NAV systems. Their concept represents a HUGE leap forward in traffic reporting systems.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It is likely it could be upgraded, but I suspect it won't be. Car manufactures tend to want to set apart their model year enhancements to encourage frequent "upgrading" to the new model year.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Acadia4VA-WV said:
Wonder how up-to-date that page is on the XM site? I find some info on their website not fully current. Did anyone contact XM and ask if the service is available on the Acadia? I think the NAV is the same as on the Cadillac, but not sure.

In the Washington, DC metro area we have very good FM traffic reporting and I find the XM band for DC traffic and weather to be very useful (XM stations 210-230 serve 21 major markets). I don't know how much use this extra "XM NavTraffic" service would be for the $3.99/mo added to XM subscription; or $9.95/mo XM NavTraffic only cost. But then, I was born in DC and my commute is only 6 miles...and drive the Acadia more on weekends than during the week as my commuter car.

BTW, the XM weather service looks awesome but sure is expensive! I think only available with aftermarket hardware.
Being from DC, you would then know the value of traffic reports!

My Garmin 680 provides traffic updates (albeit MSN) and it's saved me a few times on Hwy66. The Garmin updates provide traffic problem location and estimated delay time. This is done SOON ENOUGH to avert the traffic area and choose an alternate route via Garmin's detour option. It will vector you around the traffic problem area back onto the highway!

And, I'm dreaming my Acadia system, costing WAY MORE, could grow up to do just that...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Jake_99 said:
Being from DC, you would then know the value of traffic reports!

My Garmin 680 provides traffic updates (albeit MSN) and it's saved me a few times on Hwy66. The Garmin updates provide traffic problem location and estimated delay time. This is done SOON ENOUGH to avert the traffic area and choose an alternate route via Garmin's detour option. It will vector you around the traffic problem area back onto the highway!

And, I'm dreaming my Acadia system, costing WAY MORE, could grow up to do just that...
:ditto: :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts