GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a 08 user who simply wants to feel bad about what I don't have can you tell us about the changes to the NAV system, mainly I assume the XM Nav Traffic offering? Thanks... >:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey CB737 - There's some good info here including a video demo http://www.gm.com/vehicles/services/xmradio/experience-xm/xm-navtraffic/ I'd still like to see it work live. I guess I need to go by my favorite dealer and check it out. Our Acadia isn't used for commuting so we won't upgrade if it becomes available. I am very interested in the Bluetooth integration though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a Garmin 2730 GPS which has an optional XM radio plus Navtraffic. The navtraffic feature doesn't work very well, IMO. It will show a problem and when you get the area, you see nothing. On the other hand, you'll run into traffice problems and navtraffic doesn't show them. I think this is developing technology and isn't ready yet.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to put the '09 Nav DVD into an '08...I'm hoping that's all that's required to open the feature up to earlier models...

Tralfaz...where are you...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Jake_99 said:
I'm still waiting for someone to put the '09 Nav DVD into an '08...I'm hoping that's all that's required to open the feature up to earlier models...

Tralfaz...where are you...
I've seen Tralfaz answer that question in 2 different threads on the Enclave forum. Both times the answer was something to the effect of "nope, didn't work - all functions looked the same - no new Nav traffic functionality showed up"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts