GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a 2007 Acadia without factory installed XM. I've read pretty much every post re: XM. I've noticed that there are Terk kits that will allow you to use the factory installed stereo with XM. However, these kits include a tuner amongst other items. I'm wondering if anybody has been able to find a harness that allows a MyFi to act as the tuner that connects directly to the stereo (ie: connects Myfi direct to stereo, and use stereo as interface). This way, you could hide the MyFi in the storage box on the dash while driving using the stereo, but still have the portable unit. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am also looking into installing XM into my wife's Acadia. I did find something at Circuit City that looks like it could work, but need more info. Here are the components that I found:

Terk XM™ Universal Tuner (XMDirect™)
(TRK XMD1000)
Terk XMDirect™ Smart Digital Adapter (XMDPAN100)
TRK XMDPAN100

If you find out anymore information and/or whether the above items will work or not, please let me know also.

Thanks,
Bill

2007 GMC Acadia SLE

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is a Factory XM kit (17801150) for $225. I'm not sure what is included in this kit. I have read on another board (maybe Saturn) that the XM tuner, pig-tail, and a new antenna comes in this kit. If anyone knows what else comes in this kit, let me know.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
101 Posts
I email gmpartsdirect.com about this kit, and they won't admit if it will or will not work on the Acadia. My local GMC dealership says that there is a factory add-on kit for the Acadia, but didn't give me the part number. If I get a chance, I'll call them back and see if they will give me the part number for the kit.

Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey wfyehl , did u find out anything on the xm add-on. I too am waiting on something like this. My GMC dealer keeps telling me the xm add-on part is still pending. I have been waiting since May.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ended up getting the XM tuner and pigtail from my friend that works at Delphi. Since I don't have the correct antenna that hooks up to XM, I have a small XM antenna directly behind the Onstar/stereo antenna and run the wire to the front. Currently, I don't have the tuner attached to anything, it is just sitting in the glove box now.

I just had the Acadia in the dealership for transmission reprogramming, and forgot to ask the parts department about this upgrade. I need to take it in again next week, I'll will ask for the part number then.

Good luck,
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts