GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody have trouble with their XM. It seems each time we start the car, it goes back to XM Preview, has anyone else experienced this?

Also, XM has a new upgrade to put traffic reports on your NAV, it cost 3.95/mp. Anyway, it does not seen to work with my NAV, they tried it several times to download to my NAV and never worked, they say I might have a defective radio.

Please let me know if anybody as these problems..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Ours has done that maybe 3 or 4 times. There's a TSB for it. Let your dealer know ahead of time what it's doing. They should be able to order the part and get it swapped out fairly quickly....

#08-08-44-008: XM Radio Does Not Retain Station Setting From Previous Key Cycle and Changes to Channel 1, The Preview Channel, at Vehicle Startup (Replace Digital Radio Receiver Assembly) - (Mar 14, 2008)

Subject: XM Radio Does Not Retain Station Setting From Previous Key Cycle and Changes To Channel 1, The Preview Channel, at Vehicle Startup (Replace Digital Radio Receiver Assembly)

Models: 2008 Buick Enclave, Lucerne
2008 Cadillac DTS, Escalade Models, SRX
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Impala, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon Models
2008 Pontiac Torrent
2008 HUMMER H2, H2 SUT
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK
2008 Saturn VUE
with XM Satellite Radio (RPO U2K)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that the XM radio does not retain the station setting from the previous key cycle and changes to channel 1 at vehicle startup. After startup, the XM radio will be on the preview channel 1.

Cause
A software anomaly in the Digital Radio Receiver Assembly may cause this condition.

Correction
Do This - Replace the Digital Radio Receiver Assembly.
Don't Do This - Replace the Radio or Digital Radio Antenna.

Technicians are to replace the Digital Radio Receiver Assembly with an updated design part. Refer to the Digital Radio Receiver Replacement procedure in SI. Also refer to the Digital Radio Receiver Setup procedure in SI for additional information.

Parts Information
Original Part Number Replacement Part Number Vehicle Applications
15907728 25911777 Acadia, Avalanche, Enclave, Escalade, H2, OUTLOOK, Sierra, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon

15908583 25912359 DTS, Equinox, Impala, Lucerne, SRX, Torrent, VUE

These parts are to be obtained through an authorized Electronic Service Center (ESC).

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

R5600
Receiver, Digital Satellite Radio - Replace
Use Published Labor Operation Time

·
Registered
234 Posts
On the ball as usual, GeoHawk.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Now that is just great. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer to fix the problem. Way to go guys! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
SEL said:
On the ball as usual, GeoHawk.
Thanks. I don't always have this much time to just hang out on the interweb and look up TSBs. ;D But I am pretty anal about my vehicles and it gives me a chance to dig into the inner workings of them without my wife looking over my shoulder and telling me what a geek I'm being.

·
Registered
381 Posts
As for the XMTraffic upgrade, there are a lot of 07/08 owners awaiting confirmation as to when and/or if this new feature can apply without upgrading the NAV.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Mine just did this to me the last 3 days. back to the dealer :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
bonk1313 said:
They had to order the part for mine bonk and it took about 2 weeks to get in. Plus, when they do this you will have a new XM radio ID that will need to be changed over on your XM account.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Mine did this one time about 6 months ago. I think I'll not do anything unless it does it again.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
GeoHawk said:
bonk1313 said:
They had to order the part for mine bonk and it took about 2 weeks to get in. Plus, when they do this you will have a new XM radio ID that will need to be changed over on your XM account.
thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
bonk1313 said:
GeoHawk said:
bonk1313 said:
Mine just did this to me the last 3 days. back to the dealer  :banghead:
They had to order the part for mine bonk and it took about 2 weeks to get in.  Plus, when they do this you will have a new XM radio ID that will need to be changed over on your XM account.
thanks for the info.
Yeah, it was really weird.  After the dealer ordered the new receiver I came out of Wal-Mart one afternoon and all I was able to get was Preview, nothing else.  So I got on XM's website and the Acadia's radio had just disappeared from our account.  Then I went into GMVIS and noticed that GM had already changed the XM ID for our Acadia, apparently when they shipped off the new receiver to the dealer.  The neat thing was that when I called XM to get the new radio set up, they refunded the unused portion of the 1-year subscription on the old radio and gave me 3 months free on the new one.  :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
JUST an FYI for everyone thinking about getting this completed or who has gotten this done.. My dealership swapped out the XM control and called XM with the new Radio ID and activated it.. Which was cool.

I am already on the $77/year plan, and have already paid the $.. I was looking at my Credit card statement and saw a charge that said $15.75 XM radio, recurring charge.

I called XM to question this recurring $15.75 when I was on an already paid Year subscription. She looked and came back to say, looks like you swapped out your XM radio, so that is a Radio Swap fee charged for changing radios.... I told her this was because it was not working properly, and completed by the dealer under warranty. She put me on hold to Verify that she could remove the charge, and came back and said they would refund the charge to my card on file, unless I wanted them to hold it as a credit to my account for when I renew my radio in MARCH 2010!... I chose the refund to my card..

Just wanted to say check your statements!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I think the dealership should have said something when they were setting up your radio (to XM that is)

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
All along I thought the North Korean satellite was playing bumper cars with the XM/Sirius satellites!!
Now I know better!!

:banana:

·
Registered
540 Posts
bonk1313 said:
JUST an FYI for everyone thinking about getting this completed or who has gotten this done.. My dealership swapped out the XM control and called XM with the new Radio ID and activated it.. Which was cool.

I am already on the $77/year plan, and have already paid the $.. I was looking at my Credit card statement and saw a charge that said $15.75 XM radio, recurring charge.

I called XM to question this recurring $15.75 when I was on an already paid Year subscription. She looked and came back to say, looks like you swapped out your XM radio, so that is a Radio Swap fee charged for changing radios.... I told her this was because it was not working properly, and completed by the dealer under warranty. She put me on hold to Verify that she could remove the charge, and came back and said they would refund the charge to my card on file, unless I wanted them to hold it as a credit to my account for when I renew my radio in MARCH 2010!... I chose the refund to my card..

Just wanted to say check your statements!
That is one problem if you choose the XM lifetime plan. It will be up to XM to decide if the radio change was valid. Once XM starts charging they don't like to stop. Keep a close eye on your credit card statements!

Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
DeForger said:
That is one problem if you choose the XM lifetime plan. It will be up to XM to decide if the radio change was valid. Once XM starts charging they don't like to stop. Keep a close eye on your credit card statements!

Bobby
I don't have the lifetime plan. Just the $77/year with the ZWINBACK code that was discussed on the forum here. I intend on watching it, especially since the charge indicated Recurring?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
bonk1313 said:
I don't have the lifetime plan. Just the $77/year with the ZWINBACK code that was discussed on the forum here. I intend on watching it, especially since the charge indicated Recurring?
Okay XM is really F'd Up. No wonder they are having $ issues. :banghead: :angryfire:

So I had obtained the $77 deal in March.
I had to take the Acadia in to get this repair done in the end of April, they swapped the XM unit out, and reported it to XM. XM then charged me a radio Swap fee which was incorrect and then they refunded that. So everything was going well.

I just looked at my account online yesterday and saw that it shows my subscription as a 3 month preview trial.

I called to find out why this was and had someone on the phone that told me this:
The XM system recognized your new Radio ID as a New radio so it automatically( :bs: :bs:) started a 3 month preview subscription that started on June 27 (2 months after I swapped XM units at the dealership). :confused: The account now shows a $55 credit on the account. When the 3 month preview is up on September 27th, the radio subscription will resume at the $77/year from Sept 27th, 2009 until Sept 2010.. The credit will be used and then the credit card on file will be charged the remainder of the balance for the $77/year plan..

So who wants to place bets that in Sept 2009 when the 3 month preview is up, I will be either charged for a full membership at the rip of price of like $15/month, or I will have no XM at all, Or they will honor the $77/year plan ?

Can't wait to see what happens in September..

So to all those that get this TSB addressed. Once again, Watch out for XM to screw it up.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
In regards to the previous post about the trial and 1 year plan issues. I went back in and checked my XM account. The 3month trial ended for the new radio that was swapped out. They then started a new 1 year plan at $77.00 (zwinback) that will end Sept 2010. They applied the previous credit leftover, and I had to pay the remaining balance. to add the additional 6 months. Guess it works out correctly, for them and I.

·
Registered
96 Posts
:eek:hno:
Makes you cringe that these people have access to your account... But that's what happens when you have a single digit iq person making $7.25 per hour handling things!!! Scary!! Still love my XM!!!!! Knock on wood, no problems yet ???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts