GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Acadia is the first car I have owned with a factory installed XM unit in the dash (I should note that I do NOT have the unit with NAV or DVD). My old portable Roady unit had a feature where you could press a button to save a song to your "favorites" list. Going forward from there, the Roady would beep and notify what channel the song was being played on anytime it was queued up.

Does the factory installed unit have this feature? If so, how is it operated? I have been through the owner's manual and other doco, but cannot find any references to this feature. Playing around and trying different things with the radio itself hasn't solved any myteries either ???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Na-na, na-na...say goodbye :mope:

I haven't found any of the recall, store,etc.features of the orginal radios on the factory installed ones. Really miss the repeat capability.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nope. Just a basic radio.

I am so glad to have a factory built in XM that I can change channels on the wheel & stuff.

But I am disappointedly missing all the functions I am used to on the newer plug & play radios. It reminds me of my retired SkyFi 1.

Full scrolling Artist / Titles
Tune / Artist select
Scrolling Stock quotes
Scrolling Sports scores
Pause & replay
Better chip set.

I e-mailed XM asking what generation chip are they using (1?), and got a form reply.

If XM ever gets all those functions in a OEM radio I think the take rate will go up quite a bit.

OT: I am installing a car kit in our 07 f-150 tonight. It's a stripped model with only a am/FM radio so I got a car kit to plug my XM Pioneer INNO back & forth.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Racefla said:
I am so glad to have a factory built in XM that I can change channels on the wheel & stuff.

If XM ever gets all those functions in a OEM radio I think the take rate will go up quite a bit.
I'm really happy to have the in-dash unit as well, although I do miss the "fave" feature.

With regard to the added interest, word is that the 2008 models will all have XM installed as standard fare. Probably the result of current trends in Acadias being ordered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts