GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ugh, it's official. This has been rumored repeatedly ever since satellite radio came on the market, I never thought it would really happen. I really prefer Sirius' content over XM, and if it becomes diluted after this merger then neither of them will be getting my money. The press release mentioned the possibilty of ala carte programming, but I don't see them keeping all of their combined channels due to bandwidth restrictions. Also, they use different audio codecs, so there are going to be some challenges in offering all of the channels in two separate feeds to work with existing receivers. What a mess.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
We'll see whether thisever actually closes. This deal will be up against some serious regulatory scrutiny, including from DOJ and the FCC. The FCC will have to waive or change some major regulations.

Kelly

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not to mention the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters)=(FM radio sux) is already throwing even bigger roadblocks out the back of the truck than before the (who will ever pay for radio) head in the sand.

Just dont axe my channel 12 X (cross) Country :mad:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Does thismean XM can get Howard stern now?? Woo Hoo

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
...and Sirius users FINALLY get Opie and [email protected]! -smirk- (someone's getting the raw end of the deal here) I just hope this doesn't jack up the price.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Racefla said:
Not to mention the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters)=(FM radio sux) is already throwing even bigger roadblocks out the back of the truck than before the (who will ever pay for radio) head in the sand.
yeah. no sense trying to fight your competition in the market. much better to lobby "washington". you don't have to be creative that way! they really have no clue.

as far as this merger, I prefer the Sirius content now as I'm a big Nascar and NFL fan and enjoy sports talk radio. Since ESPN Radio goes all basketball all the time after the Superbowl, XM doesn't give me my fix! :)

I don't trust that the FCC will realize that satellite radio's competitors are iPods, CDs and FM/AM and not each other. They'll most likely shoot this down just as they did DirecTV and Dish Network. Because of that, I'll end up buying a Sirius module for the Acadia whenever it ends up being offered and make the switch I guess.

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts