Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8000k - Blue output

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Xenon Depot HID Conversion kit and was just curious to know what other people have. I like idea of more color with the 6500k, but was debating whether it would produce enough light. I live in Chicago, so there's plenty of streetlights, but I do venture out to the 'burbs to visit family and my night vision isn't fantastic. Just wanted to gather your thoughts...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Hi,

Interesting post. I am personally a fan of the 4300k HID kit installed in the Acadia given that the vehicle has OEM halogen projectors. As a result, you will get a bright white output however depending on what angle you view the light from you would get a slight bluish tinge. This kit in my opinion will best match OEM HID.

Steve

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think I'll finally have time to install my 4300k kit this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. :blob:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Steve, Sent you a PM with a question... maybe you didn't notice you had a PM... :)

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Hi,

I replied to it yesterday. Did you not get my response?

Please email me your Phone number and I will give you a call to discuss.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Okay, I just installed my 4300k xenon depot Extreme HID Kit.

Very COOL

I did not take photos prior to doing any install work, but did take a photo of the Driver side 4300k HID, and the passenger side factory halogen. You can see the difference in color and brightness. Pretty nice... I can't wait to do some night driving to see the difference... I have some other install photos I will post up tomorrow, just some extra ones for people that may have questions.

Driver side 4300K HID, passenger side factory Halogen

Driver side 4300K HID, passenger side factory Halogen

Factory Halogen

4300K HID

Both 4300K HID Lights installed

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Glad to hear you are happy with the product =) Thank you so much for taking the time to post some feedback and pictures.

Enjoy =)

Steve

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
That is a big difference between the two lamps; they look great

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
XenonDepot said:
bonk1313,

Did you by chance take any night shots?

Steve
Not yet. I can take some if you want. Wont be able to do the split shot like I did above, but I can take some. What exactly (angle, distance, head-on (headon apply directly to the forehead, headon apply directly to the forehead....sorry had to)are you looking for?

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
LOLOL. Didn't they have another product with a similar commercial?

If you wouldn't mind taking more pictures that would be great. I would just like for people to see what the color output looks like at night (Depending on the angle). Also, what the road illumination looks like.

Thanks!!

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
XenonDepot said:
LOLOL. Didn't they have another product with a similar commercial?

If you wouldn't mind taking more pictures that would be great. I would just like for people to see what the color output looks like at night (Depending on the angle). Also, what the road illumination looks like.

Thanks!!

Steve
Here are night pictures. Camera battery was dying so wasn't able to get much. I will take more another time.

This road was totally black, no street lights. I was hoping there would be some sort of reflective street sign further down the road. It is really cool how the bluish/purplish glow reflects of the scotchlite on the streetsigns... It also makes animal eyes pop out in the distance.
I will try and take some more another time when I get fresh batteries and a dark road.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts