GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had success in trying to get an XBOX 360 to work in the ACADIA? I have tried to get it to work but it shuts off after a couple minutes. any suggestions?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Are you trying to use the 115volt plug in the car?? It might be that its not maintaining enough voltage for the XBOX. I dont know what kind of wattage the inverter built into the car is capable of putting out but it sounds to me like its not enough or it is malfunctioning. If you have a multitester you can check and see if the power drops off. If it is working right you might have to buy an inverter that is capable of supporting the XBOX and plug it into your 12v power outlet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was told by the dealer specifically that the 115 plug in the Acadia does not have enough power to run an XBOX 360 because of the power draw. He said it will run some of the less power-intensive gaming systems though.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
agree!i have a lighter thinner PS2 just for the Acadia but i havent tried it yet. Hope this one works.... ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
schaefsn said:
I was told by the dealer specifically that the 115 plug in the Acadia does not have enough power to run an XBOX 360 because of the power draw. He said it will run some of the less power-intensive gaming systems though.
This is one reason I keep our old Nintendo GameCube around. It works great in the Acadia, and draws very little power. The XBOX 360 stays home. I find the kids actually don't mind playing some of their old GC games in the car, as it becomes a bit of a novelty after not using it for awhile.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The Wii was actually developed to be very low power consuming, so that a fan would not be needed.

The only issue with playing the Wii in an enclosed space like the Acadia is that the controllers are motion sensitive and there is an infrared receiver that sits on top or below the TV screen. There is a minimum and maximum distance that it will work. I can't imagine it being too accurate between being restricted by seatbelts, heat coming in through the windows, etc. Some games you have to play standing up. You'd be better off playing Game Cube games on it with the wired controller.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Wii works pretty well in our Outlook. Of course some games require movement that cannot be duplicated sitting down. There are games available that do not require much movement from the controllers.
As far as exterior heat, not an issue to the sensor bar. We have a plasma tv on the mantle of our fireplace and the Wii sensor pad sits at the edge. The heat coming off the fireplace has no effect. The great part of the sensor bar is that the Wii can be tucked away in a secure spot.

·
Registered
262 Posts
We're fixing to go on a long road trip with my sister and her family in their Honda Odyssey and plan on bringing the Wii. Can you say Guitar Hero at 70 mph? :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
We took the Wii and it worked great....at that time we didn't have Guitar Hero...boy that'd be interesting :beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts