GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
New User and new Acadia owner here. In fact, I haven't even seen the Acadia I purchased as I bought it while I am overseas and it is sitting at my brother in laws until I get back to the US. I need to purchase a car top carrier and was looking at the X-Cargo Sport 20 box. The instruction sheet posted online at Sears shows that it is not compatible with any Acadia, (but strangely is compatible with the Enclave). Does anybody use the X-Cargo Sport 20 with an Acadia and why it would not be listed? Any other items that I need such as cross bars? Does the Acadia even have cross bars? My minivan does, so I assumed that all had them, but from reading some forums, not all vehicles do. Thanks in advance.

Orygun

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome.

If you search for Sears, someone mentions the X-Cargo 16, as well as the 20. Both get very good reviews. I imagine that the 20 is not listed as compatible due to the roof antenna of the Acadia.

You would definitely need the "optional" crossbars, as the Acadia only comes standard with roof rails. Consensus seems to be that the OEM cross bars are more appealing, with a better weight capacity. You can perhaps utilize Yakima railgrabbers to mount Yakima cross bars if you're looking for a wider span across the roof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I was looking at the Universal Road Warrior Roof Rack Cross Bars (http://www.discountramps.com/road-warrior-roof-rack.htm), but haven't confirmed they will fit. They are lockable, carry decent weight, and are much cheaper than OEM or Yakima Cross Bars. I'll match this with the X-Cargo Sport 20 Car Top Carrier from Sears which has been very well reviewed and is a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the Thule versions. We'll see whether they work!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Keep the forum posted on how it goes. I haven't measured, but the width of the roof rails might be an issue. The Road Warrior info states, "Max side bar width - 1 3/4"" and I believe the Acadia rail width is very likely beyond that max.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wondered about the width. In addition, I noticed the Road Warrior was listed as 130 pound max, while the box fit rails rated for 150 lbs and above. So I chickened out and just spent the extra on the OEM. Its a lot more money, but I don't have time to screw around with returning them. I have more confidence these will work. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Re: X-Cargo sport 20 carrier box on SLT-1

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but did you ever buy the subject carrier? I'm interested to see if it's a good buy or if I should just go for the sure bet in the Yakima Skybox 21, at double the cost. Pics would be appreciated if available.

Sent from my DInc using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
the original poster hasnt been back since 2009-
the other poster since Sept 2011.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bump for an old thread. We have this exact carrier and it works great with the Acadia. I don't think you'd want to go any bigger than this one either... size is plenty big.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts