GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cheers: Ok, here's my deal. I WANT a new Acadia. I WANT Navigation. And I WANT a navigation system that works similar to my portable Garmin. I WANT to be able to be driving down the interstate (or just be in motion) and be able to input an address into my navigation or view POI's to determine if there is a Red Lobster or Wendy's at the next exit. The problem is, I CAN'T do that with factory navigation. It seems in GM's quest for customer "safety", they have decided to not allow their factory nav unit to do that while the vehicle is in motion. I guess they forgot that there could be a passenger next to the driver who could "safely" select that. Or that the driver must look down to see and select temperature, HVAC controls, etc. And heck, as a driver, I'm responsible for MY own actions!! And here's the irony - GM will enable you as a driver to browse map while the vehicle is in motion, but I cannot put a simple address in or type Red L and get a list of Red Lobster's in my vicinity, because its not safe. But, I guess it's safe to be able to browse the map from Key West Florida to Seattle Washington while the vehicle is in motion?? C'mon, give me a break! In my experience, the need to browse a map to select an intersection is seldom used. Usually one looks for a business or location of some type or will put an address into the system. So, unless I pull off the interstate to see what's coming up ahead of me (how safe is that??), I would have a $2300 investment in nav that basically is useless when the vehicle is in motion. BTW, was about the inability to scroll thru XM stations when vehicle is in motion? Or to see the DVD that's playing in the front screen when the vehicle is in motion? (for the pleasure of the passenger, of course!!). There is a solution - I think - for this problem. Here's the link. http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm. I just looked at the site - I didn't see the Acadia listed, but I have placed a call to them to inquire. Basically every other GMC and Chevy with similar nav systems are included, so I suspect it will work on the Acadia too. They even have video examples of how this simple item works and how to install it. Now I'm ready to buy an Acadia. Has anyone else installed this product on their Acadia??? :blob:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great string of posts there. I didn't see those initially. That helped tremendously. Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
What a great forum! Lockpick and help on tracvision a7!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts