GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '08 Acadia on 8/4/07. It was love at first sight. (ashamed to say because I usually haggle strategically)

Now, 3 days later, I joined this sight. What a whirl-wind romance.

I Started my morning early last Saturday to buy a Dodge Charger. When the salesman that I spoke to over the phone was a no show (idiot), I went to the next dealer. A Buick/GMC Dealer. I was going to check into a Buick Lucerne CXS when the Liquid Silver Acadia caught my eye. Wow, was I impressed. Yada, yada, yada, a few hours later, I drove it off the lot.

I knew of the Acadia but thought it was just another overpriced, modern day station wagon (SUV). I was wrong. Although I still think the sticker is a little high when compared to a Yukon or Tahoe, it was a nice fit for my needs.

I am now enjoying my honeymoon with my new love and have been swept off my feet. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome aboard. You found out what most of us on this site found after we drove one for the first time. I hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Man - I wish I could jump like you! We thought we were starting and ending our car search for a Honda Odyssey. Then, we found the Acadia. It is such a shift from where we had started, that it is taking a little while to finally pull the trigger. But I am so excited to finalize my order!!!

Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
man, u lucked out. Imagine if that dealer woulda showed up and you were now driving a Dodge Charger? You woulda been crying yourself to sleep, but instead you are in love.

·
Registered
284 Posts
mabco66 said:
I knew of the Acadia but thought it was just another overpriced, modern day station wagon (SUV). I was wrong. Although I still think the sticker is a little high when compared to a Yukon or Tahoe, it was a nice fit for my needs.
Great find then!

Though I must point out, in my view I think it's the Tahoe/Yukon that come out looking exorbitantly priced in comparison to the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave. No, not a BOF true truck, but much nicer to drive, more room, more features, more economical, etc. Kind of hit home for me (well, beyond having an '04 Suburban that had an automatic $10k discount when new) when I test drove a $31k Acadia followed by a $50k Yukon side by side and was more impressed by the Acadia, even without considering price.

Still, welcome, and good thing that first salesperson didn't show :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts