GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you live in a state that did not have a ___________.

I was sitting having a late breakfast this morning after having to starve for a medical procedure.

As I was sitting there eating I was thinking just how good this food tastes. This make me think of this off topic forum topic.

Would you live in a state that did not have a ____________________________?

I will start off with my answer being A WAFFLE HOUSE. A great place to have breakfast any time of day. Breakfast is my favorite meal. Of course I guess that you could just live in Las Vegas and have breakfast any time of any day.

George

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Heck, @GEORGEC, any 24-hour diner or truck stop in the country worthy of staying in business sells breakfast 24/7. Why limit the choice to just Waffle House?

I couldn't live in a state without 4 seasons. I still find enjoyment in every one of them. The humidity in Maryland summers is a bit tiresome, though. ;)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because those truck stop hash houses do not have food comparable to the Waffle House.

Have you ever eaten their Hash Brown Potatoes that have been Smothered, Covered and Chunked?

George

PS You have to know their lingo to eat there.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
So you say! I've never eaten at a Waffle House, but their menu looks easy to follow. One of the best breakfast meals I ever had was Bauernfrühstück (farmer's breakfast) served at a tiny café in Treysa, Germany.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That little German breakfast place may be the greatest in the world. BUT, I cannot find one at virtually any exit I wish to take on I-10, I-85, I-95 etc.

George

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Waffle House doesn't exist at virtually every interstate exit, either. I know that for a fact.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Because those truck stop hash houses do not have food comparable to the Waffle House.

Have you ever eaten their Hash Brown Potatoes that have been Smothered, Covered and Chunked?

George

PS You have to know their lingo to eat there.
Not all Waffle Houses are created equal. Have eaten in many. Almost all have pretty decent food.......except the one in Carlisle, PA. The truck stop a 1/2 mile down the road was far superior.

My son lives in the Atlanta area. Waffle Houses down there are like McDonald's everywhere else. Can't drive a mile without passing one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got stuck in California for 4 years, and it was h*ll on earth.

They got some nice fast food places out there, but there is NOTHING that replaces TACO BUENO!

As soon as I got back to Texas, I pigged out on a tray full of TACO BUENO!!!!

I don't know that I could live anywhere that doesn't have one, and I've yet to find any texmex fast food that surpasses them.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Southern California-

all the different ethnic foods.
You know places that bring in real ingredients to make the foods very close to what is served there.
Middle Eastern, Armenian, Peruvian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Malay, etc etc.

And Im not talking about Panda Express, El Torito, Taco Bell.

For me thats it--- variety in food.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I got stuck in California for 4 years, and it was h*ll on earth.

They got some nice fast food places out there, but there is NOTHING that replaces TACO BUENO!

As soon as I got back to Texas, I pigged out on a tray full of TACO BUENO!!!!

I don't know that I could live anywhere that doesn't have one, and I've yet to find any texmex fast food that surpasses them.
I grew up in South Gulf Coast Texas and never heard of Taco Bueno!! Is this a North Texas chain?

I am now in CA and I agree that Texmex or even Mexican food is not the same here. Well you don't really expect Texmex food here. :grin: But like mentioned there is in fact a lot more choices from Asian influence here. I tried Korean, Vietnamese, and Thai for the first time in CA and I am glad I did. I have also tried other exotic (to me) cuisines like Ethiopian.

Now going back to the OP question I would say that my answer would be well rounded weather. Growing up it was humid and I can say I do not miss it. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Chop-chop
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing