GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apparently I'm in the "buy it now" mood. Figured out a way to get conquest cash, going to buy a non running 1984 ford truck for $1. $10 to title it.

now, would you go back to jerk dealer who lives 30 minutes away (who has my acadia on his lot) and tell him I've been offered a better deal than his for the exact specs as his car and see if he can match or beat it? Or would you give that profit to the nice dealer who lives 2 hrs away? trade price may make a difference, not sure who will give better option. It irritates me to give jerk dealer another chance, but all that driving to the nice dealer is difficult to work into our schedule.

Heather

·
Registered
468 Posts
bhpeters said:
apparently I'm in the "buy it now" mood. Figured out a way to get conquest cash, going to buy a non running 1984 ford truck for $1. $10 to title it.

now, would you go back to jerk dealer who lives 30 minutes away (who has my acadia on his lot) and tell him I've been offered a better deal than his for the exact specs as his car and see if he can match or beat it? Or would you give that profit to the nice dealer who lives 2 hrs away? trade price may make a difference, not sure who will give better option. It irritates me to give jerk dealer another chance, but all that driving to the nice dealer is difficult to work into our schedule.

Heather
Nope. I'm too principles based. I wouldn't give the closer dealer a chance. I try to give my money to those that I feel deserve it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did and regretted the wasted time and effort for it. Fortunately, the dealership I got mine at isn't that for away. Two hours is a long way to go, but if everything is agreed upon in advance, then it would only be one trip.

Is it the dealership or the salesperson that's a jerk? If it's the dealership, then go to the other one. If it's the salesperson, then can you try another salesperson or their internet department?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the trade issue is the biggest deal... we'd have to drive 2 hrs once to show him our trade, hear his offer, then drive back again to make the trade once he's picked up the car. 8 hrs total driving (2 2 hr trips)

that's a good point, maybe i can try another salesman. jerk would find out about it, but maybe that would be fun to see. :)

Maybe i'll contact them tomorrow.

Heather

·
Registered
123 Posts
no, but i would have my acadia delivered to his dealership so it would be convenient for me to pick up. i would also make sure that i went on a day that he was there so i could drive away and tell him to kiss my :moon:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would go straight to the sales manager or the general manger and tell them you would like to make an offer one time only. Have your offer written down on paper and give it to them with the proviso that there will be no haggling. Take it or leave it. Also tell them that you were unhappy with the sales person you previously had. Then mention when you get your survey from JD Powers you will be more than happy to give them high marks. It's very important that they get high marks on those surveys as it impacts their allotment of new cars. Also find out as the other poster mentioned, if they have an internet sales person. These people generally give the best deals. Ask if they have COSTCO pricing. $500 over invoice is a fair offer. They should be willing to make things right for you, if they are not, go somewhere else. I did, and found exactly what I wanted for what I wanted to pay.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what's so unfortunate is that jerk salesman IS the sales manager. :eek:hno: i'll never understand why morons get into positions of power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you do wind up buying from the jerk, then you can always trash him on the GM Survey. The dealerships seem to care a lot about the survey.

There may be a downside to the suggestion that I just made....I think that your information is on the survey so that the jerk will know where it came from which is OK if you never plan to go there again. Are there other dealers you can go for service/maintenance?

·
Registered
275 Posts
It may cost you more in the long run, but I had the same thing happen. Refuse to go back to that jerk dealer. I'd rather drive 8 hours to get an Acadia from a salesman that gives me a great experience, than haggle with one that couldn't be bothered to earn my business. You're not spending chump change here, so don't spend it with a chump.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does the dealership have an internet/fleet sales guy who you can email? I contacted several dealers in my area and it was so much easier emailing the internet sales guy. I was able to immediately get their best price which was always much lower than the offers I got when I talked to the sales guys on the lot in person. If the dealership you are referencing is very small then they may not have an internet/fleet representative.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd try to avoid the jerk guy. I'm wondering how large the trade-in difference will be though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My business has to be earned. Therefore, jerks don't get my business. Period.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I may have read your post wrong, but you don't need to trade the Ford in to get the conquest incentive. It just needs to be registered at the same address of the person who is buying the GMC. Also, I agree with those saying that you will give them better ratings on the survey if they work with you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hehe, its good we don't have to trade the Ford (we'd be trading my buick instead), because the Ford is a parted out non running piece of junk that we're buying for $1 (plus $10 title fee) just so we can get the conquest deal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Would you give jerk dealer a chance to counter offer since he's a lot closer

TMMAR said:
I may have read your post wrong, but you don't need to trade the Ford in to get the conquest incentive. It just needs to be registered at the same address of the person who is buying the GMC. Also, I agree with those saying that you will give them better ratings on the survey if they work with you.
Really? My son has one of those "FORDS" and I didn't know that. I threw away $1000 bucks for nothing..... :'(

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is a great question. In my town 3 of the 6 GMC dealers are the same company. The one closest to home (less than 10 minutes) I really wanted to buy from, but found ourselves shopping and liking the sales guys at a dealership 45 minutes away.

At one point, part of the story from the nice guys didn't make sense-- he stated that we could not get the 2nd row in leather without going aftermarket-- plus he made a comment about our trade that my wife felt he was pre-devaluing the trade price and it angered her a little. Still they had spent a lot of time with us and overall it was a good experience.

But the 2nd row thing (because we wanted the bench) where he didn't say "I will go check", and the other thing, made us go to the guy just a few minutes away. Well I guess I must have previously ticked that guy off by not taking a test drive when I was just looking on the way home from work or something, becuase that guy was kind of short. He also stated he didn't think that we could get supplier on an Acadia, and a couple other things.

So we went back to the guys we overall liked and bought there. Rigthly so, they had spent more time with us, and the one comment about our trade might have been just bad wording on his part, and the 2nd row bench thing overall was no biggie as I went back and researched everything before we ordered anyway.

In the end, I wished I had a better experience with the local guy, because since he is the same company anyway, we are going to be taking our car there. Also, I don't wish to go to the father away location to deal with those guys on the next car- they may be nice, but it is a hassle to go back and forth. After 80 days now, I think that our next car might be another GM, possibly one of the small Buicks, or maybe the small GMC truck. I had not planned on buying for years, but we are so happy with the Acadia, we might just be buying before the end of this year. And I think I am going to try and patch things up with the local dude.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So if I buy from nice dealer (2 hrs away) I can take it to a closer dealer for warranty work, right?

And what if that work takes a while? Are they obligated to give you a loaner car until they are done? Or not since we didn't buy the acadia from them?

Heather

·
Registered
730 Posts
The dealer where I bought my Acadia does not offer a loaner.
However, I was told that should work, under warranty, be done in 4 hours or more..GM will refund the car rental. :-\

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
kram,
Do you know if that car rental refund is a GM thing or a dealership perq???

·
Registered
730 Posts
TMMAR said:
kram,
Do you know if that car rental refund is a GM thing or a dealership perq???
Sorry, I have no clue. What I know is my dealership does not offer a loaner. I have learned about this during the negotiating stage prior to my purchase. The salesman indicated that no loaner is provided, however, a car rental company is right at the vicinity should I need one. I didn't pursue then. I was surprised about the refund thingy when I sched an appointment today. I will ask service when I come in for service but that will be only happen in two weeks time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts