GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my vehicle in because I had a leak in the sunroof, no heat and got the transmission flash. While it was there I got an oil change too.

Picked the car up that night. All was fixed, however, the car was filthy from fingerprints from the service department. The inside of my windshield was oily prints from where they put the oil change sticker (it was so dirty it wouldn't stick and did fall off). My car reeks of cigarette smoke and I have an SLT1 so when they drove the car they changed my seat and the seat back reclined far back and I can't get them back how I had them somehow. I am just annoyed overall with the condition my car came back in. Am I just being petty or would you complain?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would complain. I get really annoyed when my seats and mirrors are moved during service. I don't undertsand how that's necessary. I don't usually complain, but if I thought they had been smoking in my car, that would be the last straw.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would most definitely complain!!! :mad: There's no excuse for your car to be returned to you in that condition. :angryfire:

Louise

·
Registered
105 Posts
Went to pick mine up after leak fix, it had greasy fingerprints all over the headliner. Told them I wasn't accepting it, they kept it 1 more day, did a complete detail, looked brand new. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same experience with the fingerprints on the headliner and visors as well as some broken trim after the sunroof leak fix. I had them detail the interior and replace all the broken parts. They were very cooperative when I pointed out the issues, but they should have seen them before returning the car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
In my mind, the vehicle should be returned to you in the exact condition you left it. For you to have to clean greasy fingerprints off the glass and other parts is unnacceptable. I'd be cool about it, but in a tactful way, let the service department know you were disappointed in how the vehicle was returned and for sure list the greasy fingerprints (I'm not sure how upset I'd get about the seat being moved...probably wouldn't worry about that one).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would definitely make an issue with the greasy fingerprints, especially on the headliner.
Cigarette smoke smell is BIG problem too.
As far as the seat settings being changed, don't worry about it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Absolutely. You should make the service manager aware. From the standpoint of cleanliness, there is no excuse for the car to be returned in any less a condition than the one in which it was left.

However, I can understand why the seats and mirrors may need to be moved. After all, they do need to drive the car a bit, sometimes for a test drive, or even just to get it in and out of the garage. Annoying as it might be, expecting them to recall exactly what position everything was in to start with is a bit tough to realistically expect.

And anyone from the dealership smoking in the car is simply unacceptable. There are no reasonable excuses. Talk to any car salesman you know. They will tell you that among other things, the smell of smoke in a car means less trade-in value.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I cannot image a tech smoking in the car, most workplaces have a no smoking regulation, not to mention flamables in a garage environment - I bet it was just a heavy smoker who has that smell surrounding them at all times, he just sat in your car and left the smell there. I have co-workers that go out to smoke them come back into a meeting and you can smell it in the room.

I would complain about the cleanliness, this is unacceptable. I would just ask them if this was there car would they accept it back in this condition. If they are reputable and they want your continued business they will make it right.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I realize they may need to move the seat forward, but do they need to adjust the recline? I have it upright and it was moved to a "lowrider" recline tilted back. I'm waiting to see if the leak is fixed when it rains tomorrow and then I will call and complain. I can still smell smoke after having the sunroof open all day today.

They usually call to see if you were happy with the service after a few days so I may wait for that if there is no leak.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is unreal. You should let the Service Manager and or General Manager know immediately. They live and die by CSI ratings and should take action. They may not know that this is happening and may appreciate the info. also. If you don't know you have a problem you can't fix the problem.

·
Registered
246 Posts
wings13 said:
All was fixed, however, the car was filthy from fingerprints from the service department. The inside of my windshield was oily prints from where they put the oil change sticker (it was so dirty it wouldn't stick and did fall off). My car reeks of cigarette smoke and I have an SLT1 so when they drove the car they changed my seat and the seat back reclined far back and I can't get them back how I had them somehow. I am just annoyed overall with the condition my car came back in. Am I just being petty or would you complain?
I would certainly complain about this. There is no excuse for oily prints anywhere on the vehicle. I really can't see any reason to
recline the seat either. Move it back maybe, if the seat is set like mine to accomodate my short legs. ;D

·
Registered
275 Posts
wings13 said:
I took my vehicle in because I had a leak in the sunroof, no heat and got the transmission flash. While it was there I got an oil change too.

Picked the car up that night. All was fixed, however, the car was filthy from fingerprints from the service department. The inside of my windshield was oily prints from where they put the oil change sticker (it was so dirty it wouldn't stick and did fall off). My car reeks of cigarette smoke and I have an SLT1 so when they drove the car they changed my seat and the seat back reclined far back and I can't get them back how I had them somehow. I am just annoyed overall with the condition my car came back in. Am I just being petty or would you complain?
The short answer is, yes. Complain. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
johnway said:
I bet it was just a heavy smoker who has that smell surrounding them at all times, he just sat in your car and left the smell there. I have co-workers that go out to smoke them come back into a meeting and you can smell it in the room.
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where the valet had BO and the "O" stayed in the car even though the "B" was gone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Absolutely you should complain, unless you requested "Second Hand Stench" fragrance with your car wash.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Although, just realizing you started this thread in October of last year, your window to complain is probably closed by now. Duh, my bad! :-[

·
Registered
264 Posts
I complained when they changed the oil and had oil dripping off the structure under the engine and it made a mess in my garage. They cleaned it and washed and waxed the whole vechile inside and out as well as washed the engine compartment. The service manager had me meet him for an acceptance look over and all was great he did not want one of the service writers to simply hand me the keys.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just had mine serviced and I need to take it back in when a part arrives. But yes they left finger prints all over the chrome trim of the doors which was spotless before I took it in. I should have complained about it.

I keep my acadia clean as a whistle. If you're going to put your hands all over it then wipe it off. Or use the **** door handle. I think I'll say something about it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yes, tell them. If you work to keep your vehicle clean then the service people should do the same. Hey, even if you don't go the extra mile to keep it clean, the service department should!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.