GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We can get title on an old truck in order to get the conquest deal ($500) but since it expires on Sept 4 and our acadia won't arrive by then (hopefully just a few days later, though, its actually been built!) in order to get the deal we'd have to actually purchase the car before we see it. We don't care about the registration being due that much sooner, but it makes me a little nervous to commit without having seen the car to be sure it was truly built to our specs. A few people here had their come back completely wrong and that spooks me.

Is there any recourse if we buy it but then don't like what we get (assuming only factory screwups)... are we just stuck and would have to wait until they correct the mistake... paying on the loan and registration etc the whole time?

What would you do?

Heather

·
Registered
111 Posts
Personally, when buying a $35,000-$40,000 vehicle, I wouldn't worry about the $500 Conquest Cash. I bought my Acadia sight unseen, but it wasn't an order. If I were you, I'd wait for the Acadia to come in and not worry about the $500....or try to negotiate now with the dealer for another $500 or so off since you will be missing the Conquest. But, in the scheme of life, I'd just let it go.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
When I ordered my Silverado earlier this year, I bought it sight unseen while it was in transit to take advantage of 0% financing at the time. It worked out OK since the truck arrived flawless, but doing the paperwork early saved a good chunk of $$.

We have the chance to do the same thing with our Acadia since it has been built, but as we would only save $500 this time we're waiting until it shows up. If the potential savings were higher, we might "buy" it early, but not for just $500.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think to spend $35,000-40,000 sight unseen for the sake of saving $500 has the potential to be penny wise and dollar foolish.

But of course, I'm the type who could never convince himself to spend that kind of money on anything sight unseen. But that's just me being me.

I like deanne's idea. Can the dealer just trim another $500 off the deal anyway? It would also save you the time and trouble of getting a jalopy titled just for the Conquest incentive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer is letting me wait until the 5th to see if anything changes with the offers... backdate purchase if needed. problem is, he said IF (and not likely) the car falls off the truck and we've bought it early then we'd be responsible for the damages, not anyone else (I guess insurance would cover but why have my rates go up?)

if it hasn't arrived by the 4th (it won't since its still on the train and its a holiday weekend) then i'll see if i can pressure them to come up with some more $500 savings somehow. It may work, they feel kind of bad about how long its taken for this order to be delivered, but i don't know if they'll feel $500 bad. :)

for $500 its probably not worth it, but man, $500 is $500! :)

Heather

·
Registered
251 Posts
bhpeters said:
It may work, they feel kind of bad about how long its taken for this order to be delivered, but i don't know if they'll feel $500 bad. :)

for $500 its probably not worth it, but man, $500 is $500! :)

Heather
How good are you at making a boo boo face? :sosad: If they already feel bad, it may just do the trick in making it $500 bad.

But seriously, are you trading anything? Unless they are giving you absolute, positive, "they must be nuts", top dollar for your trade, getting another $500 on that part of the deal shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
This is about the 14th (exaggerating of course) "expiration date" for Conquest. Every time it has come up for expiration they have extended it. I'd be stunned if it went away after 9/4. The only change they've made to it all year long was to make it $500 on the '08s from $1000 on the '07s. I think you're worrying for nothing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
loach, I really hope you're right. Problem is I've always known about the extension by now... this forum has always told me at least a week or more in advance of the extention, so far i'm hearing nothing. we haven't done the title transfer yet, and i have to do it no later than tuesday, so i really need to know by tuesday for sure. i'm not going to stress over it, but i would love $500. :)

i don't think they'll budge on the trade, they're giving me $200 under KBB good value the day we take delivery. i'll have to work on my boo boo face.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, conquest was extended so we're in the clear i think. I titled the ford pickup, and we should hopefully be able to pickup our acadia in the next couple of days. Wish us luck!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm :blob: for you.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I wouldn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts