GMC Acadia Forum banner

Based on your total experience with your Acadia, would you buy it again?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

• No, not the car for me

• No, too many problems

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
My wife just replaced her 2004 Envoy this past Saturday with a new 2007. Absolutely beautiful machine. And I was actually in the market for a new Lucerne or Impala at the time I bought my Acadia. And I really like the looks of the new Saturn Vue, which probably is more like the size of CUV that makes sense for me. So, suffice it to say, I have had several occassions where I have wondered whether or not I made the right move by purchasing my Acadia.

And then I get in and drive it. Suddenly.........all the wondering stops. :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd buy another Acadia in a heartbeat. I like it so much, I've actually considered buying a second Acadia (my wife is the primary driver of our Acadia), but my 7 year old BMW convertible only has 68,000 miles on it--I believe that you should drive a new vehicle a minimum of 10 years/100,000 miles to get your $ worth out of it.

We had the Acadia valet parked at a hotel over the weekend, and the valet who brought it back said "What a great driving vehicle--it drives better than a Lexus. It sure is great to see that the American manufacturers have finally caught up!" We've received more compliments on our Acadia than we received on our BMW and our Mercedes combined! :thumb:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can say without a doubt that even with it's minor problems which I'm sure will be taken care of shortly, that we would buy one again.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Absolutely. I have owned a lot of cars in my day, and I have never purchased the same model twice. I was thinking last night that I can see myself getting an Acadia next time. LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
You Bet! After 5 months and 7400 miles, I am still sure we made the right decision. I look forward to many enjoyable miles in the Acadia.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes. And next time around with all the bells and whistles :thumb:

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
deanne said:
Absolutely. I have owned a lot of cars in my day, and I have never purchased the same model twice. I was thinking last night that I can see myself getting an Acadia next time. LOVE IT!!
same withme until I got my 2nd Envoy. I hope they come out with a Denali version.. Change it up a lil bit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
for me, the jury is still out.

all the little problems (intermittent hud, temp sensor, gas tank sensor, inaccurate dic, etc) are all things i hope will be fixed when i take mine in for the long awaited tranny re-flash. my complaint about these items is that none of this is new technology; most of these items have been available on cars for 10 years or more. since it is not new cutting edge technology, you would think that they would have these things right from day one. we as consumers should, and do, expect more from our $40,000 vehicles.

the biggest problem for me is the engine/transmission. hopefully the re-flash will take care of this, but i have my doubts. i think the engine needs a little more torque. i think the gear ratios in the transmission are not appropriate for the size and power of the engine. i don't think the reflash will totally fix the problem, but hopefully it will make it tolerable. i wish it would drive like the chrysler pacifica that i recently rented for a family trip in vegas (see my review of this in another thread).

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hope GM see's the good and bad comments on this forum and the suits realize the loyalty, good will and trust that will be developed by taking care of the issues many of us have had with the Acadia. I guess more importantly they should worry about the power of those like us who are not taken care of and spread the word. Sorry, went off topic. I would buy again.

·
Registered
752 Posts
In the 40+ years that I have been driving, I have never bought a GMC product. I would buy this again in a heartbeat - or at least as long as mine keeps beating.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have owned many GM cars over the years, but lost interest in them in the last 15 or so. The Acadia is the first GM car that I have condidered and bought in a long time. I hope they can continue this trend of producing more desirable products.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would buy again for sure. Some want more power, it's fine for me, I'm getting about 20miles per gallon, not a bad trade off. I find the tranny a little jerky, but hey, I've eased up on the heavy foot and doesn't bother me now (most of the time). I just wish you didn't have to buy the cross rails for the roof rack seperately, considering how much the Acadia costs. But love it none the less.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Just for the handling, ride, body style, and security, we would buy again!

·
Registered
524 Posts
A 2009, or 2010 model. 8)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Final tally for "would you buy it again poll"

Yes 49 (84.5%)
Undecided 8 (13.8%)
No, not the car for me 0 (0%)
No, too many problems 1 (1.7%)

Total voters 58

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Re: Final tally for "would you buy it again poll"

Wow, very interesting!

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I first casted my vote I was truly on the fence. Now, I feel like I really WANT to like my car more than I actually do! And GM isn't helping by slowly nudging me off the fence with all of these continual issues that keep popping up!

Don't get me wrong, I truly do like a lot of the features they dropped into this vehicle as well as the room and the looks. So far though, it comes down to a number of major factors that i've recently encountered that leans me more towards never buying again. Granted, i've only owned the vehicle a few months(3500 miles), so i'm still reserving full judgment, but here's how i see it so far:

1) The trans issues. Even post-flash, IMO, it continues to have problems. It either switches too often(has a very tough time maintaining speeds in 6th gear on minimal inclines), or not often enough(still has dead zones at certain speeds). I just don't think they've found the right compromise yet between fuel economy and performance. And due to the weight and engine, there may not be a better solution for now.

2) Fuel Economy. I can't seem to get it over 16mpg after the trans flash. I was only able to get it just over 18 pre-flash once! I drive the same route to and from work m-f and it's an even city/highway mix. 7 miles city, 7 miles highway each way every day. I live in northern Va. not sure where GM preformed their city driving tests, but I(and MANY others) certainly cannot replicate it. however, I HAVE read about those that live in more rural and flat areas that are able to get it higher than 18mpg. Think it's the lights and hills that really kills mpg econ.

3) The water leaks. It's just flat out unacceptable for a vehicle, especially in this price range. And due to the number of folks reporting them and the different areas involved, it just screams poor build quality.

4) My stabilitrak scare. Had to immediately take it in due to a reported failure with the system and dealer had no explanation for this occurrence.

5) The dreaded dead battery issue. Again, no explanation other than I had a bad battery. Something tells me that due to the many others on this forum that have had this same problem, it's not merely a coincidence.

6) The experience I've had up to this point with my dealer. Granted, it's not necessarily related specifically to the vehicle itself, but in my opinion, they are a direct reflection and front line for the manufacturer from which I purchased this vehicle. Never seen a dealer have such a lack of knowledge and education on a vehicle in my life! I've worked with Honda, nissan, audi, mercedes and landrover and never experienced anything like this. Granted it's their first production year, but when a prospective buyer had to, and still is, educating them on many topics related to the vehicle, there's a serious issue. It's their business ot know these things!! And because the fact that it IS a first production year, that should be even MORE reason that GM should do a better job at getting dealers excited and educated about all of the great new features of these lambdas!

Anyway, hopefully i've endured the worst of it in the early goings. But for some reason, i don't think that will be the case after reading the many other consistent problems users are experiencing on a regular basis. We shall see!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I will answer this question AFTER I have driven the Oct. 08 Acadia awhile that is replacing my Jan. 07. I truly love this car but if problems continue with this one, I am not sure how I will feel. I prefer to think positively at this time. I pray the engineers and folks on the line have had a chance to work some of these kinks out by now.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
kram said:
Yes. And next time around with all the bells and whistles :thumb:
I was thinking that same thing. But then it depends... how long before I would purchase my next new vehicle? Would they have made any major design changes to the Acadia by then? Would I like those changes?

I had a 2003 Saturn Vue which I absolutely loved and adored, despite all it's ridiculous problems. When the Vue went through a redesign, I upgraded to a 2006 Saturn Vue, thinking I'd like it even that much more. Eh. I was never truly happy with the '06. I liked it well enough, but it was missing something. And the latest redesign really doesn't nothing for me. It looks like a BMW now.

Then I saw the commercial for the Acadia and immediately thought "What a great looking vehicle... I want one!" So I traded in the Vue. I <3 my Acadia. I haven't had any (or rather many, or even serious) issues with it thus far, so we have a very loving vehicle/owner relationship. ;) But I know me. By the time I'm in the market for another new vehicle, I'll be bored and want something completely different. But hey, maybe they'll change up the Acadia some by then and I'll love it all over again. Or maybe not. *shrugs*

For years I've wanted a Volkswagen Touareg, but they've always been out of my price range. Of course, I've never actually driven one. I just like the way they look. I'm superficial like that. :p Maybe it'll drive like crap and I'll decide it's just not worth dropping $60K on.

What I really really want is the new "retro" Camaro that is in the works. Now THAT is a hot vehicle. :thumb:

What was the question again? ::)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts