GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
No freaking wonder we are selling out to CHINA JUNK :angryfire:! It is so hard to support unions when the buerocrats are running them! I am not union, but I do support what they STARTED, not the winny *ss system they have become. I am still not buying China, and I think I am the only 30 year old who believes in america. Look at politics, you will see my point.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Yeah, that pretty much sucks. :eek:hno:

UAW strikes GM crossover plant

Production of General Motors’ trio of hot-selling crossovers--the Saturn Outlook, Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia--skidded to a halt on Thursday morning when UAW hourly workers struck a GM plant near Lansing, Michigan.

Neither GM nor the UAW would specify reasons for the strike, but UAW Local 602, which staffs the Lansing Delta Township plant, has yet to sign a local contract agreement with GM. Local agreements cover work rules in specific plants.

"We are disappointed that UAW Local 602 has taken strike action at the Lansing Delta Township plant," GM spokesman Dan Flores said in an e-mail. "We remain focused on reaching an agreement as soon as possible."

The strike is the second production disruption at the Lansing plant in as many days. Labor troubles at a carpet supplier on Wednesday, April 16, forced GM to halt production at the plant.

GM’s three new crossovers have been bright spots in an otherwise dismal 2008. First-quarter sales of the Acadia were up 77 percent over the same period last year to 20,675. First-quarter sales of the Outlook are up 30 percent, while 11,712 Enclaves were sold in the quarter.

According to the Lansing State Journal, the plant employs about 2,300 workers. The paper reported that while hourly workers were on strike today, salaried employees reported to work.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks like I am gonna need to make alternate plans for transportation soon....that stinks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
My build week is scheduled for next week ???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Schram said:
No freaking wonder we are selling out to CHINA JUNK :angryfire:! It is so hard to support unions when the buerocrats are running them! I am not union, but I do support what they STARTED, not the winny *ss system they have become. I am still not buying China, and I think I am the only 30 year old who believes in america. Look at politics, you will see my point.
You aren't the only one! Even my kids check bottles of apple juice for the "product of China" stamp.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine 2nd order has a build date of next week too :eek:hno: Maybe I should have taken the one that came in the wrong color :banghead:, or maybe the strike will last long enough that I can get an '09!!!! :thumb: Guss now all I can do is :beer: amd sit back and wait.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Let's hope the workers don't come back pissed off and not in a good mood for building quality cars. :tard:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Listening to the radio today one UAW member remarked "I don't know why we're walking out", but a union spokesman said that "GM was not giving respect". I don't know if he meant GM was not respecting the contract, the workers, or Rodney Dangerfield comedy.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
mrvids said:
Now this is truely an ignorant statement from the above article:

"The company's greed is corrupt and exploiting to its workers," Perkins said. "They keep trying to squeeze the middle class. It seems like a holocaust to us."

Yeah Ms. Perkins, I'm sure GM wanting to pay the "non-core" workers half of the $29/hour assembly line workers make compares to the Holocaust. You are truely a :tard: .

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
skibum69 said:
Mine 2nd order has a build date of next week too :eek:hno: Maybe I should have taken the one that came in the wrong color :banghead:, or maybe the strike will last long enough that I can get an '09!!!! :thumb: Guss now all I can do is :beer: amd sit back and wait.
That really stinks. If you end up with an '09 you're still not going to get the color you want because they discontinued it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
How retarded is he, say that to one of the few left who lived through that. Insensative, ignorant, and a selfish comment. How irritating that we become so removed from history that we let people make comparisons like that.
Holocaust...like he knows!

·
Registered
70 Posts
loach said:
That really stinks. If you end up with an '09 you're still not going to get the color you want because they discontinued it.
Yes if I did end up with an '09 I don't know which color I would end up, possible the dark blue because that is what I was going to get initially, but I like how the lighter colors show off all the black trim in the grill and bottom.

·
Registered
70 Posts
GeoHawk said:
mrvids said:
Now this is truely an ignorant statement from the above article:

"The company's greed is corrupt and exploiting to its workers," Perkins said. "They keep trying to squeeze the middle class. It seems like a holocaust to us."

Yeah Ms. Perkins, I'm sure GM wanting to pay the "non-core" workers half of the $29/hour assembly line workers make compares to the Holocaust. You are truely a :tard: .
If she thinks as an assembly line worker, they are middle class, that means as an engineer I should be upper class :confused:.....
That has become the problem with union plants in so many cases, they act like a bunch of adolecsents, just walking out on anything they don't like. But I won't get into the whole union argument any more that that.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I would be suspect that GM will have a closed plant opening back up building the CUV'S in the south as non union in not to long a time. Local Union does not co-operate, goodbye Charlie sooner or later. Probably sooner if Lancing. AL, MS, TN...etc people would welcome a new or old plant opening in their area at $15.00 bucks an hour vs Lancing $30.00? GM is not going to loose MORE money for their shareholders. Just my observation. GM restructuring continues in order to make money.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Schram said:
You're not the only 30 year old that is trying to believe in America?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't understand why they are walking out, its not like they are lowering current employee wages they just want to make new employees start at a lower wage. IMO if you are a non-core job why should you make 30/hr, if you sweep floors or drive cars off the line you shouldn't be making more than someone who is working at Wal-Mart. Speeking of Wal-Mart maybe GM should do what Wal-Mart does and just shut plants that have unions and move them to states like Wyoming that are right to work states. I know it's hard to move a plant but in the long run they would save money, people in Wyoming don't expect their employer to pay for everything and only take 2-3 weeks off every year. Anyways the only reason I care is because I'm selfish and want to order an 09 in may and don't want it to be delayed.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts