GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was invoiced to the dealer and he says it's expected the 2nd week of March ;D I'm so excited!!

Sorry, I just had to share. No one else is as excited about an Acadia and I think my fam is sick of hearing about it LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
I looked thru your past posts but can't find what you ordered! What color? All the goodies? AWD? FWD? Hope you too will enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If you enjoy yours half as much as I like ours, then you will be thrilled!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SFmail said:
I looked thru your past posts but can't find what you ordered! What color? All the goodies? AWD? FWD? Hope you too will enjoy your new ride.
Red Jewel, titanium leather 7 passenger seating, AWD SLT2 with navigation, HUD, DVD, trailering package

I can't wait to play with the remote start! My 4Runner didn't have that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, you can be excited here. The more I drive mine the more I like it. The way I tend to drive I really like the engine downshift braking thingy that it does. I came from a 5 speed manual which I tended to do the same thing with but this is better cause I can talk, drink coffee, read a book and listen to the stereo or watch a dvd all while the car automatically handles that downshift braking for me. ;D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No holes in the roof ;) That's pretty much the reason we ordered. I had a sunroof in the Toyota and I hate it and never use it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We had one in the Trailblazer we traded and I don't know if my wife opened it more than a few times in 3 years so we don't have on in our Acadia either:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
nailed said:
No holes in the roof ;) That's pretty much the reason we ordered. I had a sunroof in the Toyota and I hate it and never use it.
Yep, same here. Told them if it had a sunroof I wouldn't buy it. Of course that's all they kept calling me with.

My wife has a sunroof in her car and I always close the shade.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like you've ordered almost the same thing I'm driving (I don't have the DVD), and I'm loving mine -- had it just over a month. And I know what you mean about the family being sick of hearing about it -- but we're all glad to share in your excitement! Let the countdown begin!

·
Registered
812 Posts
did not go for the sunroof --- afraid of the leaks!!!! ;D

congrats in advanced!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well, I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one specifically "opting out" of the sun roof. I haven't missed not having one for the past 21 years (still driving the same car). I think they look cool, but I also have a hard time parting with $1,300 just to have that. There are plenty other options that I'll spend that money on when I get to ordering an '09 SLT-2![/color]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Smooth said:
Well, I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one specifically "opting out" of the sun roof. I haven't missed not having one for the past 21 years (still driving the same car). I think they look cool, but I also have a hard time parting with $1,300 just to have that. There are plenty other options that I'll spend that money on when I get to ordering an '09 SLT-2![/color]
:ditto:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the sunroof in mine. The funny thing is I never use them in any car I've owned that had them, but I always get them. I guess it's for the other people in te car if they want to use it. Plus I'm a toy guy. i like options and gadgets.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
nailed said:
My car was invoiced to the dealer and he says it's expected the 2nd week of March ;D I'm so excited!!
Sorry, I just had to share. No one else is as excited about an Acadia and I think my fam is sick of hearing about it LOL
Cool, I'm excited you are getting yours soon! You'll want to be showing it off driving it around for the first couple weeks. We were at Cherry Vail Mall, Rockford, IL., this past weekend and some local car dealers had some autos on display. I noticed a couple along with their HS son looking at the white Acadia and I just had to walk over to tell them how happy we were with ours.......etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's one of the main reasons we ordered rather than buying off the lot -- we didn't want the sunroof.
  • Potential leaks
  • the screen doesn't block out all the sun, only some of it -- we live in a very sunny place
  • When open, it bothers my wife's ears (pressure changes constantly)
  • We had a sunroof on our Cadillac and had nothing but electronic problems with it (the dang thing would just decide to open, close, lift up, go down, etc, whenever, wherever)
  • most sunroofs make you lose a couple inches of headroom. Sometimes that makes me whack my head on the roof of the car

Our other car is a convertible and we like to drop the top on nice days, but that's completely different from a hole in the roof.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: WOOHOO Delivery!!

Picked up my car this morning. It is beautiful! It had 5 miles on it when I drove it off the lot ;D

·
Registered
22 Posts
teetertotter

I see that you live in Wisconsin and have the FWD Acadia. I'm extremely close to buying an Acadia, but am torn between the AWD and FWD version. Do you have any thoughts on whether the FWD is adequate in the snow, or whether you would suggest the AWD model?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, as I live in MN, and am afraid of snow with only a FWD SUV (bigger than a std car).

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
jaweichert said:
teetertotter

I see that you live in Wisconsin and have the FWD Acadia. I'm extremely close to buying an Acadia, but am torn between the AWD and FWD version. Do you have any thoughts on whether the FWD is adequate in the snow, or whether you would suggest the AWD model?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, as I live in MN, and am afraid of snow with only a FWD SUV (bigger than a std car).

THANKS!
I live in the Chicago-burbs, 15 minutes from the WI border. When they get hit with snow, we get hit with snow. LOL We just got 11” this past Friday.

My FWD Acadia handles terrifically in the snow. I know I’ve posted this on some other threads regarding AWD vs. FWD as well. The traction control is quite sufficient. I’m able to do the speed limit or better on snow-covered roads without feeling like I may lose control of the vehicle. The only time it does not handle incredibly well is when there’s a layer of ice under the snow, but I’m fairly certain even AWD wouldn’t help you in that situation either. And that’s pretty much only in situations where you’re braking.

I owned AWD up until purchasing my Acadia and I have no regrets about not choosing AWD again.

I’m pretty sure teetertotter is going to echo these same feelings about FWD. :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
The Acadias track well on snow and slippery conditions even with the FWD version. Sometimes having the AWD might get you into "go mode" faster, but won't stop you faster....so you won't drive over your head as much with the FWD.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts