GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed the timing chain cover seal replaced on my 2007 Acadia. It is no longer leaking but I noticed that none of the cables in the wiring harness had been put back as intended by GMC. The dealer is trying to make it right but they claim the cable ties that they broke are not available unless they order the entire wiring harness. These are the little clips and ties that attach the harness to the intake manifold and all the other brackets. Anyone know of a good source?

I am quite displeased witht he dealer and will probably have to get GMC involved to get this all put right.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'm not familiar with the exact clip used... I've seen plastic ones that are wrapped into the tape of the harness, plastic ones that wrap around split loom conduit (both clips below), and also metal ones that wrap around the harness (clamps below). Either way I'm sure they are "not serviced separately" as GM says about some parts.

Check out some of these parts & see if you think they would work:
Conduit clips

Clamps

Rosebud clips <--- These are commonly used by GM[/color]

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
jrmichael said:
... The dealer ... not available unless they order the entire wiring harness.
If this was warranty work, let the dealer order and replace the wiring harness. It sounds like they're hungry for work of any kind. If their work was CP (customer pay), then you're right in finding an outside source and steering them to it for the replacement parts. Just be sure you don't have to pay an extra penny for their breakage!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts