GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. We just brought home our new acadia on Friday. Our DVD is a single roof mounted unit and we do have the navigation system. My question is: how do you change the audio sound from playing throughout the car to only playing through the headphones. I have read the manual and it talks about rear seat audio, but doesn't tell me what button to push to get there. I called my dealer and talked to both our salesperson and the parts dept and noone could give me an answer! It seems like it should be a simple thing to do.

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't have NAV but on my standard head unit, I just hit "source" and it changes the DVD audio to whatever else, either rear speakers or head phones. The headphones have to be turned on though and on the right channel. Can't remember which channel, but there are only two, one's for radio and the other for DVD.

·
Registered
427 Posts
sstaatz said:
Hi there. We just brought home our new acadia on Friday. Our DVD is a single roof mounted unit and we do have the navigation system. My question is: how do you change the audio sound from playing throughout the car to only playing through the headphones. I have read the manual and it talks about rear seat audio, but doesn't tell me what button to push to get there. I called my dealer and talked to both our salesperson and the parts dept and noone could give me an answer! It seems like it should be a simple thing to do.

Thanks!
If you sit in the 2nd row, on the back of the front console should be a bunch of audio controls. There should be a POWER button on that. Turn it on. That will route audio out to the headphones.

You can then turn off the main radio, or change it to something else, such as XM, FM, etc.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts