GMC Acadia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. We just got a 2008 AWD Acadia SLT-2 fully loaded. The only problem is we can't get the two wireless headphones to work. The batteries are installed correctly and both headphones power up. I also understand that the rear seat audio needs to be on. We've followed the manual/instructions to the letter. We've tried with both a DVD and the radio using the 1 and 2 settings and we get no sound other than a tiny bit of noise/static when you turn the volume controls on the headphones all the way up. Has anyone encountered any issues with the headphones. I'm wondering if there is any kind frequency that needs to be set or switched that is not matching the system signals. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
roof mount dvd or headrest? the headphones are IR, they have to be in "line-of-site" with the headrest or roof mount dvd player. you only have to turn the radio to a certain channel if you want to hear the dvd through the car speakers. this function is independant of the headphones....The dealer should have demo'ed the system to you!
regnad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand how the headphones function. The dealer did explian how they work and we did test that the batteries were installed correctly and the headphones powered up. I also read and followed every instruction in the manual. It's really pretty simple, as long as something isn't broken. At the dealership, we did not test to see if the headphones were getting the IR signal from the radio audio or the DVD audio. That I did at home and ... nothing. Nothing from either the radio or DVD on setting 1 or 2. I'm looking to find out if anyone has had any failed or non-operating headphones that aren't getting the IR signal. Or, if anyone has has encountered a problem with the IR "transmitter" being dead. Also, the manual says very little about how the system operates and offers no troubleshooting suggestions. Perhaps there is a frequency adjustment of some kind on either the headphones or the IR unit that is off. ... don't know, just speculating.

·
Registered
25 Posts
you havnt stated wether or not you have the head rest dvd or cieling mount... chanels 1 and two apply if you have dual headrest dvd's, so one headset can work independant of the other headrest. to confirm the if the IR emiter is working grab your camcorder and look @ the emitter on the dvd player, ccd cameras can see infrared. can you not hear audio through the radio? i doubt that you have two bad headphones.
do you have these?
regnad

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just went over everything again for about the tenth time. First, I have the roof mounted DVD unit and the navigation system. Both headphones don't get a signal after having followed all instructions. From what I can determine there is no IR signal. (I did try the suggested camcorder trick and I see nothing.) Thus, I am concluding at this point that the IR component of the unit is defective. I'm making an appointment with my dealer to take a look. Second, REGNAD is wrong in stating that the usage for channels 1 and 2 applies to units with headrest DVD screeens only. There is a function for channels 1 and 2 in mine (the navigation plus roof DVD). 1 is for the DVD audio and 2 is for radio audio. This I knew and understood before I posted my initial question. Bottom line ... I guess I'm the first owner with a partially defective roof mounted DVD unit that has a non-functioning IR signal transmitter, unless someone can point me to some sort of IR "on/off switch or setting," although I doubt that there is one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks for the correction on the channel 1-2 option. i can see that being a feature with the roof mount dvd player. godd luck.
regnad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally brought the Acadia in to our dealer to look at the issue with the wireless headphones. It is a bad unit. Specifically the IR (infrared) component of the DVD unit is not working, thus the headphones were not getting any audio signal. The dealer has ordered a new replacement unit. I'll report back on the replacement, once it is complete.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ChuckB said:
I just went over everything again for about the tenth time. First, I have the roof mounted DVD unit and the navigation system. Both headphones don't get a signal after having followed all instructions. From what I can determine there is no IR signal. (I did try the suggested camcorder trick and I see nothing.) Thus, I am concluding at this point that the IR component of the unit is defective. I'm making an appointment with my dealer to take a look. Second, REGNAD is wrong in stating that the usage for channels 1 and 2 applies to units with headrest DVD screeens only. There is a function for channels 1 and 2 in mine (the navigation plus roof DVD). 1 is for the DVD audio and 2 is for radio audio. This I knew and understood before I posted my initial question. Bottom line ... I guess I'm the first owner with a partially defective roof mounted DVD unit that has a non-functioning IR signal transmitter, unless someone can point me to some sort of IR "on/off switch or setting," although I doubt that there is one.
having the same problem now and warranty is about up .. taking the vehicle in this weekend

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally brought the Acadia in to our dealer to look at the issue with the wireless headphones. It is a bad unit. Specifically the IR (infrared) component of the DVD unit is not working, thus the headphones were not getting any audio signal. The dealer has ordered a new replacement unit. I'll report back on the replacement, once it is complete.
Please don’t report back.

·
Super Moderator
22,416 Posts
Please don’t report back.
He probably won't. The comment was made over 12 years ago. So is the last time he was on the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.