GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
969 Posts
I give up, what is it for???

Maybe to plug into a connector on a trailer or something for lighting.. Shot in the dark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a trailer plug if you remove the factory 7 plug.

Yep that may be it. the round 7 pin plug has a socket that looks like this would plug into.

I bet it's for making your flat pigtail hookup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Racefla said:
Maybe a trailer plug if you remove the factory 7 plug.

Yep that may be it. the round 7 pin plug has a socket that looks like this would plug into.

I bet it's for making your flat pigtail hookup.
That is exactly what it is for, I have both the flat style and the round style adapters for my Chevy Truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
It is for the trailer brake module. It plugs into the fuse box and the wires attach to the Aftermarket trailer brake module.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GMC FAN said:
It is for the trailer brake module. It plugs into the fuse box and the wires attach to the Aftermarket trailer brake module.
I think you are correct.
Today looking for the parking brake release I saw a socket at the bottom edge of dash next to the hood release.

:eek: I had to get the manual out to find how to take the park brake off :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
The plug near the E-Brake is probably the OBD (On Board Diagnostics) connector not for the brake controller. Does the plug fit in the socket in the back by the hitch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had a small problem with the parking brake!! :D

I was taking one for a quick test drive, and it was dark out. The previous driver (right before me) must have had trouble with the inside lights - they would not come on when I opened the door. took me a couple minutes to find out how to turn the dome light back one. Then I accidentally opened the hood, so I had to get out and close it. ??? Took me another minute to finally realize how to disengage the parking brake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
coloradoGM said:
Racefla said:
Maybe a trailer plug if you remove the factory 7 plug.

Yep that may be it. the round 7 pin plug has a socket that looks like this would plug into.

I bet it's for making your flat pigtail hookup.
That is exactly what it is for, I have both the flat style and the round style adapters for my Chevy Truck.
Thanks guys--I was wondering too!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top