GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to make a quick comment. I use my Acadia for family/ service vehicle for work. Today I drove 326 miles. Started out with rain, then sleet, then ice, then when I got home 5 inches of snow. The Acadia kicked *** all day through everything. I saw many vehicles in the ditches today,but not me., Never had a problem at all. And to cover my MPG 19.1 when I filled up. Also to finish my liftgate issue. The dealer had to rpl. my liftgate release switch.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hevent experience driving in the snow yet, will be expecting 9-10" later tonight, will see about it tommorrow. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Took mine through the 15 inches of snow we received yesterday and didn't have any problems.

Also, I'm still receiving compliments everywhere I go on the Acadia.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Last weekend had a really rough ice storm here in NE PA. The Acadia was a pleasure to drive. Although travel was at reduced speed, the ride was nothing but "sure-footed".
You've got to resist the temptation to press down on the loud pedal........... keep in mind that adhesion aint as good as is on a dry road in spite of your confidence.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
When you are driving in this bad weather, do you manually disable the StabiliTrak? When I was on my intro to the Acadia, the salesman said something about doing this makes it a true 4WD vehicle although I am skeptical about this notion.

Any thoughts??

Chris

·
Registered
659 Posts
That is definitely the wrong time to disable it as it can be a great help in slips and slides. Of course there are limits and it can't repeal the laws of physics. The only time to disable it is if you are trying to dig out from very deep soft sand or snow in a situation where you actually want tires to spin, but this is not the normal situation in bad weather driving.

MedicRxDoc said:
When you are driving in this bad weather, do you manually disable the StabiliTrak? When I was on my intro to the Acadia, the salesman said something about doing this makes it a true 4WD vehicle although I am skeptical about this notion.

Any thoughts??

Chris

·
Registered
403 Posts
Agree with the above...do not turn it off unless you are buried door deep in sand/snow, etc. The Acadia rolls through winter weather with ease and confidence.

·
Registered
812 Posts
tested mine yesterday on my way back to the dealer for some check, sure footed even in light slippery snow. :thumb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
The noise and stabilitrac feeling takes some getting used to...weird to have the vehicle "slow down" up front, to gain traction vs 4x4 just plowing ahead sideways, etc.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I gotta say my opinion of the Acadia's winter driving has changed dramatically. We just received 14" of snow, and my neighbour attempted to escape the court in his name-withheld minivan (cough Honda Odyssey cough)...with hilarious results. I have no idea how he didn't burn his engine out the way he was spinning and swishing all over the place.

Not to overtly rub it in his face (o.k., maybe a titch), I hammered through that snow in the Acadia almost Hummer-like by comparison. Not only that, I have a 2WD with the 19" wheels and it put many vehicles to shame.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Traclavelook said:
I gotta say my opinion of the Acadia's winter driving has changed dramatically. We just received 14" of snow, and my neighbour attempted to escape the court in his name-withheld minivan (cough Honda Odyssey cough)...with hilarious results. I have no idea how he didn't burn his engine out the way he was spinning and swishing all over the place.

Not to overtly rub it in his face (o.k., maybe a titch), I hammered through that snow in the Acadia almost Hummer-like by comparison. Not only that, I have a 2WD with the 19" wheels and it put many vehicles to shame.
SHOWOFF!!!! ;D ;D ;D :clap2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.