GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only complaint my wife has so far is the windshield wipers. She says they are more of a "sponge" than a squegee and the are not very effective. Anyone else have this problem? It's obvious on the windshield where they are not cleaning or wiping very well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
any chance they're the 'temporary' ones that are shipped on the car? I know some auto manufacturers ship temps, and the dealer is supposed to put 'real' ones on. i'm having an issue with one washer fluid nozzle not working, but the other worked well enough for BOTH wipers to do their job pretty well.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Since it warmed up to 55 today and started raining, I put the windshield wipers to good use. I didn't notice them not working properly. They cleared the window pretty well actually.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Actually, I was surprised at how good of a job these did. They are one of the better sets of standard wipers I've seen. Not sure why yours would be so bad...

·
Registered
752 Posts
We've had light rain and fog and wipers have worked great. By the way, the heated jets are great to get your window heated up in a hurry and the fog gone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This may sound kinda weird but I can't wait to try them out. They're that "flex" kind that most Euro cars come with. I have a set of Bouch Icon on my car and they are awsome!

- Anthony

·
Registered
492 Posts
One word. Rain X.

Maybe the windshield is not spotless clean or the wipers have some crud built up on the "edge"

Mine work great. But one of the first things I did was clean all windows & put 2 coats of Rain X on them. Hardly need wipers at speed with that stuff ;D

·
Registered
492 Posts
BTW: have you seen where the washer squirters are in the rear wiper? They are in the wiper holder. cool.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Racefla said:
BTW: have you seen where the washer squirters are in the rear wiper? They are in the wiper holder. cool.
I noticed that too and thought the same thing! My Vue had separate jet that squirted the washer fluid down toward the wiper and you had to time it right if you wanted to clean the window without wasting too much washer fluid. heh Further proof that my Acadia is perfect. ;D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Just bought a set of wiper blades from Checker Auto parts for $44.00. Blades are made by Trico and are called Neoform. I was going to buy the Bosch one's by they didn't have my size in stock. The Trico's locked right in and are the correct size. A little pricey but their performance is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts