GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filled the windshield washer tank for the first time today. (I recently went to a different place for an oil change and they didn't fill it up.)

I was shocked at how LITTLE capacity the tank has. It makes me wonder if when you fill it when empty it gets an mongo air bubble in it or something. I bet it took 1/4 of a gal or less. My sense is that recently GM has made the reservoirs pretty large - where you can almost always put in a whole bottle.

Any insights/comments?

Thanks.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
When mine was empty (the washer fluid low notice actually came on) and I filled it, it took the entire bottle. Are you sure it was empty? My guess is that it wasn't.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The last time I filled up the winshield washer fluid after the low warning came on, I used a full bottle as well.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The first time I ran out of windshield washer fluid, the low level did not come on..I did get a warning before my second fill.
I also filled up with an entire container of fluid. What can be seen from the engine compartment is only that small tube which goes all the way down the reservoir.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I too took an entire bottle in mine. It seems like this is the trend on newer cars. Really, it makes sense. You get low, the warning light comes on, you get some at your next fill up and poor the whole bottle in. It's nice not to worry about what to do with that 1/4 bottle of remaining fluid.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
1 Full gallon in my Acadia
If I remember correctly. My old envoy took 2 Gallons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts