GMC Acadia Forum banner

Does the location of the Washer Nozzle bother you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Never noticed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is another :soapbox: :rant: for me.

I have had my Acadia since Oct 29, 2007. I noticed this after my first drive home, but figured I would get used to it, and it wouldn't be a big deal. Well it bothers me still, and usually more so just after washing the vehicle (which is very often).

The washer nozzle for the wipers placed right on the hood.
#1 they aren't color matched to the paint on the vehicle. :sosad:
#2 and when you turn them on, they leave water spots on the paint. :banghead:
It doesn't really help that the button to spray them is right on the end of the turn signal arm, and it seems all to often I slightly touch it and the sprayer :puke: all over my clean hood.

Maybe it is just me, but I was wondering if anyone else has an issue with it ??? Couldn't they have just left it on the wiper arm ???
Oh well, back :beer:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't mind the color of the nozzles so much but here in South Dakota we don't leave "water" spots....it's BLUE windshield washer solvent! :eek: To top it off, it clashes with my gold mist paint job ;D I can always tell when the Mrs thinks the windshield was dusty ;)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
They are in the same place on my Supra, which I painted a few months back. Made it a pain to remove or tape around them, on the arm would be a lot easier for this also.

The wife hits the heated seat button on the Durango in the same way you hit the washer button (it is on the front face of the center console by the large cup holder). We made sure the button was away from the armrest on the Acadia. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is one of the things that I find very annoying. Whenever I use the washer I find that afterwards I have to clean up in front of the nozzels with some detailer as the marks look like heck. Another annoying item to me is the chrome plastic strip on top of the rear bumper. Mine has a couple of scratches in it already as I didnt know it was junk and had to be real careful with it....dolee

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Haven't noticed it - I've never accidently triggered the washer fluid. And the blue washer fluid must match my blue-gold paint pretty well. ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you use the Rain-X fluid, you won't notice the spots. Rain-X fluid is yellow and does a great job.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Either I don't have these issues, or I'm just oblivious to them. Could be either. :) I've never accidentally triggered the washer. I do find that I sometimes end up turning on the rear washer on accident, though I hardly find it to be a bother.

I had a similar washer nozzle set up on my 2003 and 2006 Saturn Vues. On the '03, the first road trip I took it on and decided to clean the windshield, the nozzle blew right off the hood and over the roof of my car. DOH! The second one went after having the first one repaired. Known problem, go figure.

I'm just glad that the Acadia has managed to hold onto it's washer nozzles thus far. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xseler said:
If you use the Rain-X fluid, you won't notice the spots. Rain-X fluid is yellow and does a great job.
I use the Rain-X and still have marks.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Never noticed either. I guess if my windows were dirty enough to need to use the fluid, then the vehicle was dirty too.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It only bothers me when the car is clean and that only happens a few times per year. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I havent noticed this issue on mine, maybe its the color or maybe its partially clogged nozzles on your vehicles??

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GAR said:
It only bothers me when the car is clean and that only happens a few times per year. :)
:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :beatdown: :beatdown: :violent: :violent:

Bad Acadia Owner. HAHA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts