GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that when I press the washer button after not using it for a few days, that it takes anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds before washer fluid comes out. It's as if the fluid had been run dry and it is the first time I run them after putting in fluid.

If I run them again within 5 or 10 minutes, the fluid comes out right away.

I also notice this when I run the heated washer option. The heater will heat up, and then I can hear something happening, and the wipers cycle 5 or 6 times, and nothing comes out. After the 2nd or 3rd heated fluid cycle, the fluid comes out just fine. This also works right away if I run it again 5 or 10 minutes later.

I really don't want to have the dealer working on something that might not really be a problem, but I'm sorta thinking that I have some type of a leak in the washer lines or that they are draining back into the tank. Of course, this may be the way it is designed so I am checking here.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or does your washer fluid come out right away even if you have not used it for a few days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hate that, i have the same issue all the time. in fact one time it never did come out after numerous attempts of trying. so i assumed i was out. Thought to myself, "hmm, well that ran out pretty fast?". So I stopped and bought a bottle. After gettin under the hood to refill, I noticed it only could take a 1/3 or so of the bottle?

Is it an issue with the pump? Did I read somewhere that it had to do with air in the system or having to do with the heater on the wiper fluid or something? Seems pretty basic to me, but after reading about the explanation on the the bad reading for the gas tank, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to re-engineer something so simple.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The only time it should be delayed is during the heating process. Any other time it's immediate. Get the dealer to check it! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts