GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had safelite replace my cracked windshield a few months ago and ever since it was replaced the HUD sits too low for me to see it all. If I lower my head 6 inches I can see it fine but that makes for an awkward driving experience having to slouch down just to see it. Is there some way to adjust it? The guy who did the install was no more than 5'5 and I'm 6'4, could it maybe be that he just calibrated it to his own view and it doesn't work for me? I also thought that maybe the windshield they used might be a different angle that the factory. I'm no expert I'm just trying to make sense of it so I can begin to try and fix it, if its even possible. Today I noticed that the reflection of the top of the plastic bezel around the module of the heads up display sits where I'd need the numbers to sit. Could I just pop off the plastic and have a solution to my problem? Sorry for so many questions and thank you for your time, Amy answers to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
I had safelite replace my cracked windshield a few months ago and ever since it was replaced the HUD sits too low for me to see it all. ...
You should have contacted Safelite at the time and had them resolve the issue for you. Seems they knocked something out of alignment. You might find useful information in the service manual (diagram, R&R instructions, etc.) about how to realign it. There's a link to the manual in another section of this site. If you can't figure out a fix yourself, find a shop that can help.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I do not understand. How does lowering your head help you see a HUD that is too low??? Ii would think you would have to raise your head.

george

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts