GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second busted windshield I have had in my Acadia since I bought it in December. It seems to just attract rocks. I dont follow vehicles close or get behind trucks so I try to stay away from what is the normal problems. Does anyone else have this problem with thiers? I hate replacing that 500 dollar windshield.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
No issues here either. Could be more a problem of driving environment than anything else?

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's I-10 and I-45! When I lived in the Houston area, I replaced a windshield in some vehicle every year. I've lived in Colorado for 8 years now and not had that problem.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm at just of 7000 and have not had this happen yet. (Note: I'm knockin' on wood here.) :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think its so much an issue of driving enviroment. I havent had this problem with my Silverado and I have been driving it on the same roads as the Acadia. I am wondering if it has something to do with the height and the rake of the windshield? Maybe one of those bug deflectors will help?

·
Registered
217 Posts
dfrank78 said:
I dont think its so much an issue of driving enviroment. I havent had this problem with my Silverado and I have been driving it on the same roads as the Acadia. I am wondering if it has something to do with the height and the rake of the windshield? Maybe one of those bug deflectors will help?
I doubt that a bug deflector will do much for keeping rocks from hitting the windshield. About all they do is protect the front edge of the hood from rock chips. In my experience, bug deflectors do little or nothing to deflect anything, including bugs, from the windshield. Sometimes I think it is just luck(or bad luck) when you get rock chips.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
My guess is that you just had dumb luck with your first couple chips. I know every car I have had eventually got one or two, but I tend to follow pretty close. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Snoguy said:
dfrank78 said:
I doubt that a bug deflector will do much for keeping rocks from hitting the windshield. About all they do is protect the front edge of the hood from rock chips. In my experience, bug deflectors do little or nothing to deflect anything, including bugs, from the windshield. Sometimes I think it is just luck(or bad luck) when you get rock chips.
Huge difference on our Explorer with the bug deflector here in Texas.

YMMV, as well as your bug splats.....

M

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got three chunks, didnt crack yet.

If no HUD, Enclave windshield supposed to be thicker, worth a shot.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i have one tiny dent possibly caused by a tiny rock...it is just that small that i have to look for it each time i remember i had one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
One + year old and several from the winter and one is in the middle of the hud,bummer. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I had that problem with both of my Saturn Vues. Rocks just seemed to find those windshields and I had them replaced on several occasions. *knock on wood* I haven't had that issue with my Acadia yet. Granted, rocks have binged off my front end enough times, which is aggravating, but they haven't done any damage to the windshield. I thought I'd add that my Acadia has had over 26,000 miles of road pass under it's tires in the past year too.

My insurance company will replace up to one free windshield a year without a deductible.

·
Registered
381 Posts
kantkwit said:
It's I-10 and I-45! When I lived in the Houston area, I replaced a windshield in some vehicle every year. I've lived in Colorado for 8 years now and not had that problem.
I don't know where you live in CO, but after living there for 6 years, all three of my cars had cracked windshields and I swear 2/3 of the cars on the road had cracked windshields...I made the mistake and replaced a windshield right after it cracked, only to have it crack again in two weeks...

I don't think it's CO, and being in TX, I can only think of construction/road trucks in posters area.

·
Registered
50 Posts
One $310 windshield in the first 10K miles. We've been lucky in West-Central Georgia.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts