GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acadia AT4 in white frost tri-coat
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time I’ve ever had my windshield tinted and I have to say I really like it, adds a nice look. Windshield is tinted 45% and front 2 windows are at 20%.
20E407B6-37F5-43B0-9F0C-33545C2FCE22.jpeg 28ED78DE-612A-46D5-9A38-7E0E14D603C3.jpeg

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
This is the first time I’ve ever had my windshield tinted and I have to say I really like it, adds a nice look. Windshield is tinted 45% and front 2 windows are at 20%.
View attachment 10693 View attachment 10694
It does look good with the white and really accents the contrast with the black grille and tires.

I haven't had the windows tinted on our Acadia as of yet. We did have our previous 3 vehicle windows tinted however. It can make a nice visual statement not to mention help keep the inside a bit cooler in sun light. (y)

Reactions: ChevelleLs6

·
Super Moderator
21,113 Posts
Glad you like it. Tinting front windows and windshield doesn't keep my raft on top of the lake. I couldn't stand front window tint on the limos and other livery vehicles I drove. No way would I consider it on my personal vehicle.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The side window tint looks fine, is it the same as factory? Is the tint level legal where you are? I know we have different laws for front door windows compared to rears. Still, I think the factory tint is fine, maybe slightly darker, but not quite as much as yours... what is the factory rear window level?
The windshield, not my taste, but if you like it, and it's legal, enjoy.

·
Registered
2021 Acadia AT4 in white frost tri-coat
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The side window tint looks fine, is it the same as factory? Is the tint level legal where you are? I know we have different laws for front door windows compared to rears. Still, I think the factory tint is fine, maybe slightly darker, but not quite as much as yours... what is the factory rear window level?
The windshield, not my taste, but if you like it, and it's legal, enjoy.
All of the rear windows on this one are tinted from the factory at 20%. I had the front driver and passenger tinted to match at 20%. Where I’m located you’re only allowed 35% on the front windows and only a 5 or 6” strip on the windshield, not supposed to have entire windshield tinted. Police around here are pretty lenient with window tint and usually don’t bother people about it. It gets hot here in the summer, 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit, so I’m looking forward to keeping some heat out and sun out during that time, that’s the biggest reason for tinting the windshield. I’ve driven at night 2 times now with the tinted windshield and visibility it really good at 45% tint.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Funny story about the police part... when I had my Z06 I hated the front plate mounting. So late one year I put a tinted cover on it. 2 days later I got pulled over for no front plate (even though it was just barely visible). It was going away for the winter the next day, tinted cover ended up in the garbage. AFAIK the RCMP are pretty picky about tinting, so I've always just left the factory tint as is.
We hit around the same highs here, so I get the tint. Generally mid-high 80's to mid 90's mid-summer, but have hit over 100F here and there (last years hottest was bang on 100F).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts